WASHINGTON — Mildred Marie Singer, 99, of Washington, died at 4:40 a.m. Saturday at Hillside Manor Nursing Home. Born Sept. 16, 1913, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Jesse and Iva Jane (Lawyer) McGuire. A 1932 graduate of Epsom High School, she was a former clerk at Weller Grocery in Dale and later Wittes Feed Mill in Dale. She was a member of United Methodist Church in Dale. She is survived by a daughter, Janet Sue McCullough of Washington; a son, Jack and wife Norma Truelove of Jasper; grandchildren, Mike Truelove, Lynn Judy, Christina Cox, Carolyn Bacidore, Andrew Truelove and Thomasita McDowell; 12 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and a daughter-in-law, Patricia Truelove of Carmel. Her first husband, Mancil Andrew Truelove, whom she married Nov. 10, 1932, died Nov. 3, 1960. Her second husband, Walter Singer Jr., whom she married Jan. 16, 1966, died Sept. 20, 1984. One daughter, Barbara Jean Truelove; one son, Mancil Rex Truelove; two sisters, Olean Walker and Mary Lou Worrell; and one brother, Bill McGuire, are also deceased. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Gill Chapel, with Rev. Marvin Cheek officiating. Burial will be in Plainville Cemetery. Visitation is after 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
Sept. 16, 1913 - Jan. 12, 2013
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- More Obituaries Headlines