WASHINGTON — Joshua Gregory Church, 25, of Washington, passed away Thursday. He was born to Todd and Michele (Loyd) Church Feb. 20, 1987, at Camp LeJeune Naval Hospital in North Carolina. Josh was a 2005 graduate of Washington High School and attended Vincennes University and University of Southern Indiana. He loved reading, playing video games, spending time with his family, and most recently blacksmithing with his brother and sister. Josh’s greatest joy in life came from the birth of his daughter, Josie Lynn. He had a kind heart, wonderful sense of humor, and was known for his quick wit. He will be missed greatly by his family and friends who loved him so very much. Josh is survived by his parents, Todd and Michele Church; wife, Brittney (Beasley) Church; daughter, Josie Lynn Church; stepdaughter, BriLee Tharp; brother, Ty (Autumn) Church; sister, Sierra Church; grandmother, Doris Loyd; grandparents, Alvin and Diana Skomp; two aunts, Tana (Clay) Scott and Kim Loyd; cousins, Matt, Brianna and Emma Scott, Ethan Church and Michael Powell. Josh was preceded in death by his grandfather, Gordon Loyd; an uncle, Greg Loyd; and an aunt, Tina Church-Powell. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Gill Chapel. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and after 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. You may sign the online memorial book and watch the photo tribute at www.gillsince1872.com.
Feb. 20, 1987 - Dec. 6, 2012
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
- More Obituaries Headlines