WASHINGTON — Joshua Gregory Church, 25, of Washington, passed away Thursday. He was born to Todd and Michele (Loyd) Church Feb. 20, 1987, at Camp LeJeune Naval Hospital in North Carolina. Josh was a 2005 graduate of Washington High School and attended Vincennes University and University of Southern Indiana. He loved reading, playing video games, spending time with his family, and most recently blacksmithing with his brother and sister. Josh’s greatest joy in life came from the birth of his daughter, Josie Lynn. He had a kind heart, wonderful sense of humor, and was known for his quick wit. He will be missed greatly by his family and friends who loved him so very much. Josh is survived by his parents, Todd and Michele Church; wife, Brittney (Beasley) Church; daughter, Josie Lynn Church; stepdaughter, BriLee Tharp; brother, Ty (Autumn) Church; sister, Sierra Church; grandmother, Doris Loyd; grandparents, Alvin and Diana Skomp; two aunts, Tana (Clay) Scott and Kim Loyd; cousins, Matt, Brianna and Emma Scott, Ethan Church and Michael Powell. Josh was preceded in death by his grandfather, Gordon Loyd; an uncle, Greg Loyd; and an aunt, Tina Church-Powell. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Gill Chapel. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and after 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. You may sign the online memorial book and watch the photo tribute at www.gillsince1872.com.
Feb. 20, 1987 - Dec. 6, 2012
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines