MT. SUMMIT — Harold H. Miles, 99, passed away Thursday at Henry County Hospital. He was born June 5, 1913, near Washington, a son of the late Ray and Esther Barnes Miles. He had resided in Mt. Summit since 1954. He was a graduate of Plainville High School and was retired from Brooks Foods in Mt. Summit in 1982, after 28 years of service as production manager. He loved family activities and sharing time with his family and friends. He enjoyed taking his family each year to Florida to attend the Daytona 500. He enjoyed automobile racing, Indiana University basketball, Indiana Pacers basketball, and Indianapolis Colts football. He also enjoyed taking care of his lawn. He was a member of the Mt. Summit Christian Church. Left to cherish his loving memory include one daughter, Pamela Miles of Lake Forest, Calif.; one son, Jon Miles (wife Georgette) of Mt. Summit; one grandson, Josh Pope of Muncie; one sister, Phyllis Tolbert of Mitchell; also several nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife, Lorraine Miles (in 1993). The funeral will be 2 p.m. Tuesday at Mt. Summit Christian Church, with Rev. Mark O’Brien officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Summit Cemetery. Visitation is from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Mt. Summit Christian Church. Arrangements are being handled by Macer-Hall Funeral Home and Cremation Services. Online condolences may be made atwww.macerhall.com Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of the donor’s choice.
June 5, 1913 - Dec. 6, 2012
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- More Obituaries Headlines