MT. SUMMIT — Harold H. Miles, 99, passed away Thursday at Henry County Hospital. He was born June 5, 1913, near Washington, a son of the late Ray and Esther Barnes Miles. He had resided in Mt. Summit since 1954. He was a graduate of Plainville High School and was retired from Brooks Foods in Mt. Summit in 1982, after 28 years of service as production manager. He loved family activities and sharing time with his family and friends. He enjoyed taking his family each year to Florida to attend the Daytona 500. He enjoyed automobile racing, Indiana University basketball, Indiana Pacers basketball, and Indianapolis Colts football. He also enjoyed taking care of his lawn. He was a member of the Mt. Summit Christian Church. Left to cherish his loving memory include one daughter, Pamela Miles of Lake Forest, Calif.; one son, Jon Miles (wife Georgette) of Mt. Summit; one grandson, Josh Pope of Muncie; one sister, Phyllis Tolbert of Mitchell; also several nieces, nephews and cousins. He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife, Lorraine Miles (in 1993). The funeral will be 2 p.m. Tuesday at Mt. Summit Christian Church, with Rev. Mark O’Brien officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Summit Cemetery. Visitation is from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Mt. Summit Christian Church. Arrangements are being handled by Macer-Hall Funeral Home and Cremation Services. Online condolences may be made atwww.macerhall.com Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of the donor’s choice.
June 5, 1913 - Dec. 6, 2012
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- More Obituaries Headlines