WASHINGTON — Elizabeth June Hart, 82, of Washington, died at 9:13 a.m. at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 11, 1930, in Montgomery, she was the daughter of James I. and Karen (Caudell) Hart. A 1948 graduate of Epsom High School, she was also a 1955 graduate of Purdue University. She was a home economics teacher for over 30 years at Pike Central. She was a member of Cornettsville United Methodist Church, Southwest United Methodist Women’s Association, Eastern Star, Delta Kappa Gamma and Epsom Homemaker’s Club. Her hobbies included exhibiting women’s items at the Daviess County Fair. She held various offices in the Epsom Alumni Association and Pike-Gibson Teacher’s Association. She is survived by one brother, Paul Hart of Thorntown; nephews, Paul Hart II of Montgomery and Rene (Deanna) Hart of Whitestown; niece, Phyllis Hart of Washington; great-nieces, Gwen (Tim) O’Malley of Indianapolis, and Kirsten (Toby) Liden of Greenwood; great-great-niece, Nora Liden of Greenwood; nephew, Levi (Megan) Lewis of Brownsburg; great-great-nephews, Luke Lewis and R.J. Hoopingarner; and niece, Sarah (Rob) Hoopingarner of North Salem. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Gill Funeral Home, with Revs. Byron Fritz and Bill Talbert officiating. Entombment will be in Sugarland Memory Garden. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to Southwest United Methodist Women’s Association (shoebox). Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
Oct. 11, 1930 - Dec. 13, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines