ODON — Jason “Jake” Miller, 38, died Wednesday at his residence following a long battle with Marfan Syndrome. Born Sept. 17, 1974, in Palestine, Ill., he was the son of Albert and Helen (Brown) Miller. He was a 1992 graduate of Palestine High School and a 1994 graduate of Indiana Business College. He had worked at Corn Pro until his health no longer allowed him to work. He was an avid NASCAR fan and loved fishing and monster trucks. He was involved with Cub Scout Pack 447 and loved watching his son play sports. He is survived by his wife, Amy (Cornelius) Miller, whom he married March 21, 1998; a son, Logan Michael Miller; two brothers, Bill and Chris Miller, both of Flat Rock, Ill.; nephews, Tanner and Cody Miller of Flat Rock, and Brandon Cornelius; nieces, Alexis and Alania Cornelius; mother- and father-in-law, Michael and Anna Cornelius; brother- and sister-in-law, Alan and Beanie Cornelius; and grandfather, Morris Cornelius and wife Grace. He is preceded in death by his parents; grandparents, Betty and Albert Miller Sr., Andrew and Helen Dora Brown, and Dee Cornelius. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel, with Bro. Richard Smith officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. The family requests donations be made to Living Faith, c/o Elnora Christian Church.
Sept. 17, 1974 - April 17, 2013
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines