ODON — Jason “Jake” Miller, 38, died Wednesday at his residence following a long battle with Marfan Syndrome. Born Sept. 17, 1974, in Palestine, Ill., he was the son of Albert and Helen (Brown) Miller. He was a 1992 graduate of Palestine High School and a 1994 graduate of Indiana Business College. He had worked at Corn Pro until his health no longer allowed him to work. He was an avid NASCAR fan and loved fishing and monster trucks. He was involved with Cub Scout Pack 447 and loved watching his son play sports. He is survived by his wife, Amy (Cornelius) Miller, whom he married March 21, 1998; a son, Logan Michael Miller; two brothers, Bill and Chris Miller, both of Flat Rock, Ill.; nephews, Tanner and Cody Miller of Flat Rock, and Brandon Cornelius; nieces, Alexis and Alania Cornelius; mother- and father-in-law, Michael and Anna Cornelius; brother- and sister-in-law, Alan and Beanie Cornelius; and grandfather, Morris Cornelius and wife Grace. He is preceded in death by his parents; grandparents, Betty and Albert Miller Sr., Andrew and Helen Dora Brown, and Dee Cornelius. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel, with Bro. Richard Smith officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. The family requests donations be made to Living Faith, c/o Elnora Christian Church.
Sept. 17, 1974 - April 17, 2013
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, went to be with her Lord at 5 p.m. Thursday at Select Care Hospital in Evansville after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Born June 9, 1939, in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Jacob Frederic an
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- More Obituaries Headlines