WABASH — Gladys D. Harvey, 92, died at 9:55 p.m. Wednesday at Wabash County Hospital. She was born Nov. 5, 1920, in Elnora, to Charles and May (Hastings) Dove. Gladys married Garl C. Harvey in Wabash, on June 2, 1962; he died July 5, 1975. Having a grandmother, two sisters, and now five nieces who are teachers, education has been foremost in her life. She was a graduate of Indiana University and the Indiana State Teachers College. Mrs. Harvey taught in public schools in Elnora, LaPorte Co., and West Lafayette Schools before coming to Wabash in 1946. She came as the Wabash High School librarian, where she retired in 1986. She had served during World War II as the civil service librarian at a Naval Air Base in Corpus Christi, Texas. She also taught summer school at Manchester College, was interim librarian at the Wabash Carnegie Library, and more recently taught 20 years at Ivy Tech college in Wabash. A member of the Wabash First United Methodist Church, she was also a volunteer at the Honeywell Center since its opening. She had been the board secretary for eight years for the Wabash County Historical Museum. As a genealogist, she did research for persons coast to coast, and in Europe. She also volunteered for the Red Cross Bloodmobile. In addition she served on the board and as a president of the Woman’s Clubhouse. Mrs. Harvey is survived by the following nieces and nephews, Janice Pielemeier and Shannon Pielemeier, both of New Albany, Rob Dove, Crista Dove Carroll, Terry Dove and Cathy Dove Gingerich, all of Elnora, Tamra Dove Beckman of Washington, James Long of North Judson, Carol Ann Stallions of Martinsville, Jackie Dove Phillips of Smithfield, Va., Dean Pielemeier of Mitchell, Karen Miller of Melrose, Mass., Phyllis Dove Shepard of South Bend, Cheryl Dove Hennebruck of Hanson, Ky., Jay Pielemeier of Paoli, Thomas Dove and Roland Dove. She was preceded in death by three brothers, Harold, Donald and Gilbert Dove, and three sisters, Jeanette Dove Pielemeier, Ruth Dove Miller and Edith Dove Long. Funeral services will be held at Grandstaff-Hentgen Funeral Service, 1241 Manchester Ave., Wabash, on Saturday at 2 p.m. with Rev. Kurt Freeman officiating. Burial will be in Friends Cemetery, Wabash. Friends may call noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Preferred memorial is Wabash High School Library. The memorial guest book for Gladys may be signed at www.grandstaff-hentgen.com.
Nov. 5, 1920 - April 17, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines