WABASH — Gladys D. Harvey, 92, died at 9:55 p.m. Wednesday at Wabash County Hospital. She was born Nov. 5, 1920, in Elnora, to Charles and May (Hastings) Dove. Gladys married Garl C. Harvey in Wabash, on June 2, 1962; he died July 5, 1975. Having a grandmother, two sisters, and now five nieces who are teachers, education has been foremost in her life. She was a graduate of Indiana University and the Indiana State Teachers College. Mrs. Harvey taught in public schools in Elnora, LaPorte Co., and West Lafayette Schools before coming to Wabash in 1946. She came as the Wabash High School librarian, where she retired in 1986. She had served during World War II as the civil service librarian at a Naval Air Base in Corpus Christi, Texas. She also taught summer school at Manchester College, was interim librarian at the Wabash Carnegie Library, and more recently taught 20 years at Ivy Tech college in Wabash. A member of the Wabash First United Methodist Church, she was also a volunteer at the Honeywell Center since its opening. She had been the board secretary for eight years for the Wabash County Historical Museum. As a genealogist, she did research for persons coast to coast, and in Europe. She also volunteered for the Red Cross Bloodmobile. In addition she served on the board and as a president of the Woman’s Clubhouse. Mrs. Harvey is survived by the following nieces and nephews, Janice Pielemeier and Shannon Pielemeier, both of New Albany, Rob Dove, Crista Dove Carroll, Terry Dove and Cathy Dove Gingerich, all of Elnora, Tamra Dove Beckman of Washington, James Long of North Judson, Carol Ann Stallions of Martinsville, Jackie Dove Phillips of Smithfield, Va., Dean Pielemeier of Mitchell, Karen Miller of Melrose, Mass., Phyllis Dove Shepard of South Bend, Cheryl Dove Hennebruck of Hanson, Ky., Jay Pielemeier of Paoli, Thomas Dove and Roland Dove. She was preceded in death by three brothers, Harold, Donald and Gilbert Dove, and three sisters, Jeanette Dove Pielemeier, Ruth Dove Miller and Edith Dove Long. Funeral services will be held at Grandstaff-Hentgen Funeral Service, 1241 Manchester Ave., Wabash, on Saturday at 2 p.m. with Rev. Kurt Freeman officiating. Burial will be in Friends Cemetery, Wabash. Friends may call noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Preferred memorial is Wabash High School Library. The memorial guest book for Gladys may be signed at www.grandstaff-hentgen.com.
Nov. 5, 1920 - April 17, 2013
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines