WASHINGTON — Clifford Reid Neukam, 85, of Washington, passed away at 3 a.m. Tuesday at his residence. Born Aug. 18, 1927, in Washington, he was the son of James and Elsie (Evans) Neukam. He attended Washington schools and served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. He was retired from Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane after 27 1/2 years of service. He was a charter member of the White River Valley Antique Association. He is survived by his wife, Doris (Byrd) Neukam, whom he married Aug. 6, 1950; two sons, Douglas James Neukam of Odon and Steven Reid (Debbie Wolven) Neukam of Washington; grandchildren, Beverley Myers of Bloomfield, Greg Neukam of Odon, Katelyn (Charlie) Bennett of Elnora, Allison (Brandon) Hooker of Washington, Abbie Neukam of Washington; great-grandchildren, Nathan Steele and Briannah Myers, both of Bloomfield, Indica Neukam, Ilana Neukam and Evan Neukam, all of Odon, Jessie Bennett of Elnora, Lizzie Hooker and Paul Hooker, both of Spencer. He is preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Elmer Neukam and Hilbert James Neukam; and a sister, Ellen James. The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Bro. Gene Rasner officiating. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens, with military graveside rites by the Washington American Legion and V.F.W. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary. Condolences may be sent to the family online at www.edleemortuary.com.
Aug. 18, 1927 - Nov. 20, 2012
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines