CANNELBURG — Eleanor “Jeanette” Bullock, 86, passed away peacefully Monday at her home with her family by her side. Jeanette was born Nov. 16, 1926, in Daviess County, to Alton and Evelyn (White) Showalter. She married Robert C. Bullock April 7, 1944. They were married 68 years and raised six children. Jeanette was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother. She was a member of All Saints Catholic Church, All Saints Altar Society and Daughters of Isabella. She also enjoyed gardening and canning. Jeanette is survived by her husband, Robert “Bob” Bullock; six children, Gary (Phyllis) Bullock of Cannelburg, Nancy Gehl of California, Charlene (Jim) Meyers of Ohio, Philip (Sylvia) of Jasper, Sharon (John Warner) McCord of Florida, and Donna (Dan) Watson of California; 12 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; one great-great-grandchild; siblings, Rosemary (Louis) Healy of Kokomo, Kenny Showalter of Illinois, and many nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her mother, Evelyn (Carl) Ramsey; her father, Alton (Frances) Showalters; sisters, Mildred Niblack, Helen Heffernan, Thelma Strange, Marguerite Bateman and Eldena Collinsworth; and brothers, Roscoe Showalter, Charles Showalter, Buck Garner and Ed Garner. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at All Saints Catholic Church in Cannelburg, with Revs. James Koressel and Joseph Erbacher as co-celebrants. Burial will be in St. Peter Catholic Cemetery in Montgomery. Visitation is from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, with a rosary at 3 p.m., at the church. Preferred memorial donations are to Daughters of Isabella, P.O. Box 10, Montgomery, IN 47558 or to Southern Care Hospice, 1251C Hwy. 41 North, Evansville, IN 47725. Arrangements are being made through Ed Lee Mortuary. Condolences may be sent online at www.edleemortuary.com.
Nov. 16, 1926 - Nov. 26, 2012
Saturday's Funeral Notices
ROBERT MANGUS -- The funeral for Robert A. Mangus was at 2 p.m. Friday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Richard Smith officiating. Pallbearers were Tyler Bell, Dalton Bell, Larry Pinkston II, Larry Pinkston III and Mike Stuart. Honorary pal
- Terry Bowman ODON -- Terry Bowman, 70, died at 2:31 p.m. Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital. Born Oct. 24, 1943, in Daviess County, he was the son of Rex A. and Jean Martha (Seal) Bowman. He was an inspection worker for 30 years at Allison's Speedway in India
- John Gentry PETERSBURG -- John B. Gentry, 85, died at 9:30 p.m. Thursday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Rev. Mike Elliott officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Oatsville. Visitat
- Terry Sutton LOOGOOTEE -- Terry W. Sutton, 66, died at 4:11 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Jan. 15, 1947, in Martin County, he was the son of Walter "Hack" and Frieda (Hovis) Sutton. He was a 1965 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a s
John W. Dant, 65, died at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home.
He was born on Dec.13, 1948, in Loogootee, to Lawrence K. and Flossie (Matthews) Dant.
Dr. Robert Mangus
Loving husband and father, Dr. Robert “Bob” A. Mangus, 59, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday at his residence.
Born Oct. 20, 1954, in Cincinnati, Ohio, he was the son of Margie (Toler) and Donald Mangus Sr.
Joyce Evelyn McRoberts, 87, passed away at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
Born May 27, 1926, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Eldridge Clinton and Flora Catherine (Martin) Inman.
- Wilbur Sparks ODON -- Wilbur Sparks, 81, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Nov. 14, 1932, in Greene County, he was the son of Alfred and Delphia (Arthur) Sparks. A U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War, he retired from Westinghou
- Don Shake ODON -- Don R. Shake, 81, died Thursday at his home. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Onli
- Betty Swayze ODON -- Betty Pearl Swayze 89, formerly of Lyons, passed away at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born May 11, 1924, in Greene County, she was the daughter of Allen Thurman and Goldie M. (Slauter) Rodocker. She retired as a sal
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Saturday's Funeral Notices