WASHINGTON — Darrell C. Wiseman, 71, of Washington, passed away at 4:03 p.m. Thursday at Jasper Memorial Hospital. Born March 21, 1941, in Riddle, he was the son of Elmer F. and Inez (Sturgeon) Wiseman. He attended school in English and was a Moose and Eagles member in Huntingburg and Washington. His hobbies were fishing and hunting. He is survived by his wife, Karla (McCall) Wiseman, whom he married May 15, 2005; two sons, Darrel Duane Wiseman of Fenton, Wash., and Rodney Wiseman of English; two brothers, Charles Wiseman of Newaygo, Mich., and Bobby Gene Wiseman of Marengo; one sister, Betty Lou Goldman of English; four grandchildren, Shane Wiseman, Keith Wiseman, Elizabeth Yvonne Wiseman and Earl Ray Wiseman; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Lester, Jack and Jim Wiseman; and two sisters, Evelyn Dillman and Dee Pitman. The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Sunday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ronald Barnes officiating. Burial will be Monday in Riddle Cemetery. Visitation is from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the mortuary. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.edleemortuary.com
March 21, 1941 - Dec. 13, 2012
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan