WASHINGTON — Darrell C. Wiseman, 71, of Washington, passed away at 4:03 p.m. Thursday at Jasper Memorial Hospital. Born March 21, 1941, in Riddle, he was the son of Elmer F. and Inez (Sturgeon) Wiseman. He attended school in English and was a Moose and Eagles member in Huntingburg and Washington. His hobbies were fishing and hunting. He is survived by his wife, Karla (McCall) Wiseman, whom he married May 15, 2005; two sons, Darrel Duane Wiseman of Fenton, Wash., and Rodney Wiseman of English; two brothers, Charles Wiseman of Newaygo, Mich., and Bobby Gene Wiseman of Marengo; one sister, Betty Lou Goldman of English; four grandchildren, Shane Wiseman, Keith Wiseman, Elizabeth Yvonne Wiseman and Earl Ray Wiseman; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents; three brothers, Lester, Jack and Jim Wiseman; and two sisters, Evelyn Dillman and Dee Pitman. The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Sunday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ronald Barnes officiating. Burial will be Monday in Riddle Cemetery. Visitation is from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the mortuary. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.edleemortuary.com
March 21, 1941 - Dec. 13, 2012
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines