ALFORDSVILLE — Ernest L. Fawks, 55, passed away at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born April 3, 1958, in Huntingburg, he was the son of Edward Sr. and Carol (Wipking) Fawks. He was a member of the Washington Church of Christ. He was an outdoorsman and loved arrowhead hunting and fishing with his grandchildren. He is survived by his wife, Becky (Edwards) Fawks; three daughters, Rachael (Nathan) Leighty of Petersburg, Tessa Fawks of Washington, and Katelyn Fawks of Wichita Falls, Texas; two sons, Ernest Fawks Jr. of Huntingburg, and Cody Fawks of Alfordsville; four sisters, Deb Sitzman and Julie Powell, both of Huntingburg, Brenda Thomas of Dale, and Lori Petry of Dubois; three brothers, Edward Fawks Jr. of Tell City, Larry Fawks of Jasper, and Mike “Chub” Fawks of Dubois; and nine grandchildren. He is preceded in death by his parents and one granddaughter, Aylah Dale Gibbs Fawks. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Bro. Jack Neighbors officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery, Reeve Township. Visitation is from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Preferred memorials are to Gentiva Hospice Foundation, 7801 Mesquite Bend Dr. Suite 105, Irving, TX 75063. Condolences may be sent online at www.edleemortuary.com
April 3, 1958 - July 6, 2013
- Corenna Strickland Corenna Mae Strickland, 92, of Washington, died at 3:35 a.m. Thursday at The Village of Hamilton Pointe, Evansville. Born Oct. 25, 1921, in Edwardsport, she was the daughter of George and Nellie (French) Wilson. A 1940 graduate of Edwardsport High Sc
- Betty Atchley VINCENNES -- Betty Lou Atchley, 81, passed away peacefully Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis. She was a friend to everyone she knew, an animal lover and loved playing cards with her friends. Betty was also able to help people by being
- Judith Harris MONTGOMERY -- Judith D. Harris, 65, died at 2:20 a.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Aug. 14, 1948, in Washington, she was the daughter of James A. "Hap" and Nona L. (Waggoner) Tomey. She was a pantry manager and had worked at Tokheim.
- Martha Wesner NEWBERRY -- Martha Ann Wesner, 89, passed away peacefully at her home Wednesday. Martha was born Sept. 14, 1924, in Newberry, to Felix and Anna (Manley) Sappenfield. She was preceded in death by her parents, sisters and brothers-in-laws, Jess and Mar
- John Mayhugh PLAINVILLE -- John W. Mayhugh, 89, died at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at Ketcham Memorial in Odon. Born Oct. 14, 1924, in Princeton, he was the son of Rev. Luther and Lola Mae (Woods) Mayhugh. A graduate of Corydon High School, he was a U.S. Army veteran. He
- Funerals REV. PAUL TARR -- The funeral for Rev. Paul F. Tarr was at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Pastor Johnny Simmons officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Pallbearers were Brandon Blake, Brandon Ca
- Denzil Fowler MONTGOMERY -- Denzil Fowler, 75, died at 12:17 p.m. Tuesday at Deaconess Hospital, Evansville. Born Sept. 10, 1938, in Pike County, he was the son of Hubert and Sarah (France) Threlkeld Fowler. Retired, he had owned and operated Fowler Excavating, In
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- More Obituaries Headlines