LOOGOOTEE — Cathy L. (Beckett) Harris, 58, died Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Aug. 7, 1954, in Washington, she was the daughter of Herbert and Pearl (Carrico) Beckett. She was retired owner/operator of Tango Express and I-64 Service Center in Lynnville. Cathy love the outdoors, fishing, arrowhead hunting, camping and helping people and she loved her children. She is survived by her mother, Pearl Bridgewater of Loogootee; sons, Jason Beckett of Loogootee, Thomas Carrico of Alfordsville, Adam Carrico of Washington, and Keith and wife Sandy Carrico of Cannelburg; daughter, Christina (Ballard) Bathe of Loogootee; sister, Kimberley Beckett of Loogootee; 23 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. Her husband, John L. Harris, whom she married Feb. 14, 2000, in Albion, Ill., is deceased. Her father, Herbert Beckett; one son, Tim Carrico; and two brothers, Herbert “Herbie” Beckett and Alan Beckett, are also deceased There will be no services as per her request. She is to be cremated and buried next to her husband in St. John’s Cemetery in Loogootee. There will be private family graveside services at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
Aug. 7, 1954 - Feb. 17, 2013
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- More Obituaries Headlines