WASHINGTON — Ernest Wayne Elliott Jr., 74, of Washington, died at 8 a.m. Thursday at his residence. Born Nov. 25, 1938, in Dubois County, he was the son of Juanita (Stillwell) and Ernest Wayne Elliott Sr. He was raised by his grandparents, Charlie and Gladys Stillwell in Huntingburg. He came to Daviess County in 1952 and was a member of the 101st Airborne Division during the Korean War. He attended Ivy Tech Evansville for two years. He owned three businesses in Huntingburg: G and W Coin Shop, Elliott’s Jewelry and Elliott’s Tree Trimming. He was also an ironworker for 35 years. He was a member of Calvary Baptist Church, American Legion, Eagles and V.F.W. He is survived by his children, Mark and Ami Elliott of Washington, Sherry and John Vaughn of Nevada, and Jeff Elliott of Petersburg; stepchildren, Michael Mize Sr. of Washington, Vicky Gray, Trishanne Purdue and Chuck Purdue; grandchildren, Jeremie and Jessica Elliott, Branden and Trista Kay Elliott, David and Brandie Speakman, Jason Speakman, Shawn and Rachel Perdue, Jennifer Perdue, Ryan Perdue and Rachel Gilley; adoptive family, John and Connie Aldrich, Regina Jones, Dawn Perkins, Beth Clark and Tangela Miller; 26 great-grandchildren; and one brother, Raymond Elliott of Jasper. He is preceded in death by his wife, Shirley (Neely) Elliott; Cathy Ahlf, Ryan Elliott, Tanya Elliott; a sister, Sharon Wheatly; his parents and grandparents. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Pete Aldrich officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery in Huntingburg. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.
Nov. 25, 1938 - April 25, 2013
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- More Obituaries Headlines