LOOGOOTEE — Eleanor R. Erler, 88, died at 6 a.m. Wednesday at Kindred Bridgewater Health Care Center in Carmel. Born Aug. 6, 1924, in Bramble, she was the daughter of Orval and Ethel (Bradley) Summers. Eleanor’s mother died when she was a small child and she was raised by her stepmother, Regina (Jones) Erler. She was a member of St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee and a 1942 graduate of St. John High School. She was also a member of the Red Hat Ladies, V.F.W. Auxiliary and was active in Christ Renews. Eleanor enjoyed playing cards, dancing, reading, painting and crocheting. She also enjoyed spending time with her children and grandchildren and being outdoors. She is survived by two daughters, Marianne and husband Kenny Erler-Blankenberger of Indianapolis, and Patty and husband Bernie Lannan of Peach Tree City, Ga.; five sons, Mike Erler of Indianapolis, George “Bud” Erler Jr. of Loogootee, Steve Erler of Greenwood, Joe and wife Sandy Erler of Bloomington, and Phil and wife Michele Erler of Loogootee; one sister, Pauline Hotz of Loogootee; 18 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren. Her husband, George W. Erler Sr., whom she married Jan. 31, 1944, died Sept. 3, 2003. She is also preceded in death by her parents; her stepmother; one son, David T. Erler; two sisters, Veronica (Ilene) Kline and Janet Holt; and one brother, Ed Summers. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee. Burial will be in St. John Catholic Cemetery in Loogootee. Visitation is from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with a rosary being recited at 6:30 p.m. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com
Aug. 6, 1924 - May 1, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines