CLAY CITY, Ill. — Shirley J. Ausbrook passed away Tuesday at 4:15 p.m. at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Shirley was born on Feb. 3, 1939, in Clay City, Ill., to Leo and Vida E. Murbarger. She married Arthur E. “Red” Ausbrook on Jan. 24, 1958. He preceded her in death on Feb. 19, 2011. Shirley’s career was a teacher in the Clay City Unit 10 School District from 1971 to 1995 where she influenced thousands of students. She was a member of the Clay City United Methodist Church. She is survived by her mother, Vida E. Murbarger, formerly of Clay City; children, Trudy Hunley and husband David of Atlanta, Ga., Brad Ausbrook and wife Sarah of Washington, and Leo Duane Ausbrook of Noble Ill.; grandchildren, Mickie Hart of Cumming, Ga., Arthur J. “A.J.” and Melanie Harrison of Killeen, Texas, Ian and Cassie Hunley of Goodlettsville, Tenn., Jesse and Stephen Cerniglia of Atlanta, Sierra and Cassidy Ausbrook of Louisville, Ky., Rachel (Knepp) and Matt Anderson of Montgomery, Jenny (Knepp) and Trent McWilliams, of Washington, Mark Elrod of Washington, Heather and Keith Nicholson of Montgomery, Chrissie Elrod of Vincennes, Jacqueline and Chris McCarthy of Rinard, Ill., Emily and Jeremy Schofield of Clay City, and Jon Ausbrook of Clay City; great-grandchildren, Triston, Mika, McKenna, Noah, Joel, Brodie, Daniel, Joey, Brantley, Fiona and Hunter; mother-in-law, Mary B. Bangert of Olney, Ill.; sisters, Marilyn (Murbarger) and Steve Helburn of Yulee, Fla., Phyllis (Murbarger) and Jim Koss of Casey, Ill., Carolyn (Murbarger) and Larry Sunday of Lakeland, Fla.; along with numerous nieces, nephews, and friends. She was preceded in death by her father, Leo Murbarger, and husband, Red Ausbrook. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. EST Saturday at Clay City United Methodist Church. Burial will immediately follow in the Clay City Cemetery. Visitation will be on Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. EST at Frank and Bright Funeral Home, Flora, Ill., and also one hour prior to services on Saturday at the church. In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be made to Clay City Fire Department or Clay City United Methodist Church. An online guest book is available at www.frankandbright.com.
Feb. 3, 1939 - May 14, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines