CLAY CITY, Ill. — Shirley J. Ausbrook passed away Tuesday at 4:15 p.m. at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Shirley was born on Feb. 3, 1939, in Clay City, Ill., to Leo and Vida E. Murbarger. She married Arthur E. “Red” Ausbrook on Jan. 24, 1958. He preceded her in death on Feb. 19, 2011. Shirley’s career was a teacher in the Clay City Unit 10 School District from 1971 to 1995 where she influenced thousands of students. She was a member of the Clay City United Methodist Church. She is survived by her mother, Vida E. Murbarger, formerly of Clay City; children, Trudy Hunley and husband David of Atlanta, Ga., Brad Ausbrook and wife Sarah of Washington, and Leo Duane Ausbrook of Noble Ill.; grandchildren, Mickie Hart of Cumming, Ga., Arthur J. “A.J.” and Melanie Harrison of Killeen, Texas, Ian and Cassie Hunley of Goodlettsville, Tenn., Jesse and Stephen Cerniglia of Atlanta, Sierra and Cassidy Ausbrook of Louisville, Ky., Rachel (Knepp) and Matt Anderson of Montgomery, Jenny (Knepp) and Trent McWilliams, of Washington, Mark Elrod of Washington, Heather and Keith Nicholson of Montgomery, Chrissie Elrod of Vincennes, Jacqueline and Chris McCarthy of Rinard, Ill., Emily and Jeremy Schofield of Clay City, and Jon Ausbrook of Clay City; great-grandchildren, Triston, Mika, McKenna, Noah, Joel, Brodie, Daniel, Joey, Brantley, Fiona and Hunter; mother-in-law, Mary B. Bangert of Olney, Ill.; sisters, Marilyn (Murbarger) and Steve Helburn of Yulee, Fla., Phyllis (Murbarger) and Jim Koss of Casey, Ill., Carolyn (Murbarger) and Larry Sunday of Lakeland, Fla.; along with numerous nieces, nephews, and friends. She was preceded in death by her father, Leo Murbarger, and husband, Red Ausbrook. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. EST Saturday at Clay City United Methodist Church. Burial will immediately follow in the Clay City Cemetery. Visitation will be on Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. EST at Frank and Bright Funeral Home, Flora, Ill., and also one hour prior to services on Saturday at the church. In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be made to Clay City Fire Department or Clay City United Methodist Church. An online guest book is available at www.frankandbright.com.
Feb. 3, 1939 - May 14, 2013
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines