WASHINGTON — Mary Fay Willis, 85, of Washington, died at 4:25 a.m. Wednesday at Eastgate Manor. Born July 24, 1927, in Vincennes, she was the daughter of Farris and Chrystal (Lamb) Wise. A 1945 graduate of Wheatland High School, she earned a bachelor’s degree in library science from Oakland City University in 1972. She was a nurse for a short period and worked at the Washington Carnegie Public Library for 39 years, working her way up from clerk to director. She was a member of Trinity Gospel Tabernacle, Browning Club and Monday Afternoon Club. She is survived by her husband, Morris E. Willis, whom she married Nov. 2, 1947; two daughters, Sharon Wright of Overland Park, Kan., and Carla Willis of Spencer; two sons, Danny Willis and wife Eva of Scotland, Ind., and David Willis and wife Karen of Washington; grandchildren, Randall Willis, Cari Jenkins, Katrina Miley, Darric Wright, Purdey Egnew, Glen Willis and Tamara Gingerich; stepgrandchildren, Carrie Dillon and Rosalie Manus; 16 great-grandchildren; a sister, Jane Dick and husband Bill of Lisbon, N.D.; and a brother, James Wise and wife Paula of Freelandville. She is preceded in death by her parents; a son, Randy Willis; and a sister, Marie Lockhart. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Trinity Gospel Tabernacle, with Revs. Chad Hunting, Mark Lemmon and Aron Willis officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery. Visitation is from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday at Gill Funeral Home and after 10 a.m. Monday at the church. Preferred memorials are to Trinity Gospel Tabernacle. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
July 24, 1927 - May 15, 2013
Saturday's Funeral Notices
ROBERT MANGUS -- The funeral for Robert A. Mangus was at 2 p.m. Friday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Richard Smith officiating. Pallbearers were Tyler Bell, Dalton Bell, Larry Pinkston II, Larry Pinkston III and Mike Stuart. Honorary pal
- Terry Bowman ODON -- Terry Bowman, 70, died at 2:31 p.m. Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital. Born Oct. 24, 1943, in Daviess County, he was the son of Rex A. and Jean Martha (Seal) Bowman. He was an inspection worker for 30 years at Allison's Speedway in India
- John Gentry PETERSBURG -- John B. Gentry, 85, died at 9:30 p.m. Thursday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Rev. Mike Elliott officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Oatsville. Visitat
- Terry Sutton LOOGOOTEE -- Terry W. Sutton, 66, died at 4:11 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Jan. 15, 1947, in Martin County, he was the son of Walter "Hack" and Frieda (Hovis) Sutton. He was a 1965 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a s
John W. Dant, 65, died at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home.
He was born on Dec.13, 1948, in Loogootee, to Lawrence K. and Flossie (Matthews) Dant.
Dr. Robert Mangus
Loving husband and father, Dr. Robert “Bob” A. Mangus, 59, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday at his residence.
Born Oct. 20, 1954, in Cincinnati, Ohio, he was the son of Margie (Toler) and Donald Mangus Sr.
Joyce Evelyn McRoberts, 87, passed away at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
Born May 27, 1926, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Eldridge Clinton and Flora Catherine (Martin) Inman.
- Wilbur Sparks ODON -- Wilbur Sparks, 81, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Nov. 14, 1932, in Greene County, he was the son of Alfred and Delphia (Arthur) Sparks. A U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War, he retired from Westinghou
- Don Shake ODON -- Don R. Shake, 81, died Thursday at his home. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Onli
- Betty Swayze ODON -- Betty Pearl Swayze 89, formerly of Lyons, passed away at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born May 11, 1924, in Greene County, she was the daughter of Allen Thurman and Goldie M. (Slauter) Rodocker. She retired as a sal
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Saturday's Funeral Notices