LOOGOOTEE — Helen Louise “Weezie” McAtee, 86, died at 3:22 a.m. Thursday at The Timbers of Jasper. Born Oct. 3, 1925, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Roy and Julia (Lents) Bullock. A 1943 graduate of Montgomery High School, she was a homemaker. She was a member of St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee. An avid poker player, she had previously worked at the former Alco Dime Store, the Loogootee Tribune and the Loogootee High School cafeteria. She is survived by one son and daughter-in-law, Thomas and Stephanie McAtee of Loogootee; four daughters and sons-in-law, Nancy and Michael Jones, Karen McAtee and her companion John Covel, Shirley and Mark Jeffers and Lynn and Ron Cox, all of Loogootee; one brother, Delbert Bullock of Loogootee; one sister, Mary Margaret “Mag” Beasley of Odon; 10 grandchildren, Shad Arvin, Sara Chandler, T.J. McAtee, Chelsey Strange, Mitch Jeffers, Molly Jones, Luke Jones, Shelby McAtee, Michael Cox and Christine Montgomery; and 11 great-grandchildren. Her husband, Robert T. “Bob” McAtee, whom she married May 13, 1950, died Aug. 17, 2012. Her parents and two brothers, Donald and Robert Bullock, are also deceased. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee. Burial will be in St. John Catholic Cemetery. There will be no visitation. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
Oct. 3, 1925 - Aug. 30, 2012
- Terry Sutton LOOGOOTEE -- Terry W. Sutton, 66, died at 4:11 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Jan. 15, 1947, in Martin County, he was the son of Walter "Hack" and Frieda (Hovis) Sutton. He was a 1965 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a s
John W. Dant, 65, died at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home.
He was born on Dec.13, 1948, in Loogootee, to Lawrence K. and Flossie (Matthews) Dant.
Dr. Robert Mangus
Loving husband and father, Dr. Robert “Bob” A. Mangus, 59, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday at his residence.
Born Oct. 20, 1954, in Cincinnati, Ohio, he was the son of Margie (Toler) and Donald Mangus Sr.
Joyce Evelyn McRoberts, 87, passed away at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
Born May 27, 1926, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Eldridge Clinton and Flora Catherine (Martin) Inman.
- Wilbur Sparks ODON -- Wilbur Sparks, 81, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Nov. 14, 1932, in Greene County, he was the son of Alfred and Delphia (Arthur) Sparks. A U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War, he retired from Westinghou
- Don Shake ODON -- Don R. Shake, 81, died Thursday at his home. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Onli
- Betty Swayze ODON -- Betty Pearl Swayze 89, formerly of Lyons, passed away at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born May 11, 1924, in Greene County, she was the daughter of Allen Thurman and Goldie M. (Slauter) Rodocker. She retired as a sal
- Georgia Witherspoon PETERSBURG -- Georgia Witherspoon, 70, died at 1:25 p.m. Tuesday in Cumming, Ga. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and after 9 a.m. Su
- Wednesday's Funeral Notices CHARLEY CREAGMILE -- The funeral for Charley W. Creagmile was at 2 p.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery. Pallbearers were Chris Powers, Paul Bennett, Eric Townsend, Jesse Sircy, Mikey Morse and
- Tuesday's Funeral Notices DOROTHY GOODRID -- The funeral for Dorothy Ann Goodrid was at 10 a.m. Saturday at Christ United Methodist Church, with Rev. Kenneth Wells officiating. Burial was in Sugarland Memory Gardens. Pallbearers were Rick Greene, Peter Wood, Eric Wood, Brenda
- More Obituaries Headlines