INDIANAPOLIS — William Russell “Bill” Evans, 96, died at 10:10 a.m. Sunday at Community South Hospital, Indianapolis. Born April 23, 1916, in Plainville, he was the son of William and Martha (Russell) Evans. He was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War who was awarded the Purple Heart. He retired as a major with 20 years active duty. He continued serving his country working at Wright Patterson Air Force Base for another 20 years. He made three tours in Vietnam and worked for Lockheed Aircraft in Iran in 1977. He was a member of Pike Masonic Lodge 121. He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Chiraporn (Kasemsuka) Evans; two sons, Kevin and Kent Evans; a daughter, Karen Mainard; a brother, Delmar Evans of Bedford; sisters, Wilma Dixon of Brush, Colo., and Margie Bateman of Washington; grandchildren, Courtney, Melissa, Adam, Kory and Jeremy; and great-grandchild, Isabelle. The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg. Burial will be in Twin Oaks Memorial Gardens in Petersburg, with military graveside rites by Petersburg V.F.W. Post 3587. Visitation is from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and after 9 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
April 23, 1916 - March 10, 2013
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines