SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Rex L. Ward, 70, formerly of Belleville, Ill., and Washington, born Jan. 2, 1942, in East St. Louis, Ill., died Sunday, at St. John’s Hospital in Springfield. Rex retired from CSX (formerly B and O) Railroad after 42 years as an engineer. He was a U.S. Army veteran. Mr. Ward was a member of Triple Lodge No. 835 A.F. and A. M. of Granite City, Ill., Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, American Legion Post 121, Fraternal Order of the Eagles Aerie 414 of Washington and the VFW Post No. 3321 of Washington. He was preceded in death by his parents, Avery Victor and Lucy Marie (Walker) Ward; a brother, James Ward; and two sisters, Carol Ann Houser and Doris Burkhead. He is survived by his wife, Jeannie (Bodendieck) Ward; a daughter, Linda Ward Tewell of Springfield; three sons, Mark (Bonnie) Ward of Washington, Matt (Cis) Ward of Springfield and David (Angela) Ward of Washington; 11 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren; a brother, Ben (Donna) Ward of Granite City, Ill., and Nancy (Chuck) Hahne of Creve Coeur, Mo. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.kasslyfuneral.com. Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at Kassly Mortuary, Fairview Heights, Ill. The Sangamon County Sheriff’s Department will post a guard of honor during visitation. Triple Lodge No. 835 A.F. and A.M. of Granite City will conduct Masonic services at 7:30 p.m. at the mortuary. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Kassly Mortuary Chapel, with Rev. Brian Bodendieck officiating. Interment will be in Lake View Memorial Gardens, Fairview Heights.
Jan. 2, 1942 - Dec. 30, 2012
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- More Obituaries Headlines