WASHINGTON — Robert D. Boyd, 87, of Washington, died at 2:57 a.m. Monday at Legends Village. Born Feb. 26, 1925, in Daviess County, he was the son of Mervin and Mary Essie (Eaton) Boyd. A 1943 graduate of Epsom High School, he attended Purdue University Agrigulture Short Course. A lifelong farmer, he was blessed to be in an occupation he truly loved. He was a member of Bethany Christian Church and was a 4-H Leader for many years. He is survived by his wife, Mary Laverne (Mangin) Boyd, whom he married May 1, 1946; two sons, Thomas Seth (Marsha) Boyd and Steven Joesph (Karen) Boyd, all of Washington; grandchildren, Mike, Trent and Greg Boyd and Libby Graber; great-grandchildren, Ashley (Boyd) Igleheart, Andrew Boyd, Lauren, Tyler, Blake, Austin, Alex and Aiden Boyd, Brycen, Kayden and Lanie Graber. He is preceded in death by his parents; brothers, William, Lester, John, Seth, Graden, Loyd and George Boyd; and sisters, Vonda Evelyn Boyd and Gertrude Spurgeon. The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Gill Chapel, with Bros. Richard Smith and Matt Merrold officiating. Interment will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens Mausoleum. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and after 9 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the 4-H Association. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
Feb. 26, 1925 - Jan. 7, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan