WASHINGTON — Sharron Joy Bedwell 77, of Washington and formerly of Bloomfield, passed away at 11:50 a.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 11, 1935, in Greene County, she was the daughter of William McKinley and Frances Lorena (Hudson) Bland. She was a self-employed caregiver and also worked at Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane. She was a member of the Red Hat Society and attended Scotland Full Gospel Church and Washington Free Methodist Church. Surviving relatives include one daughter, Toni Elaine Hale (Richard) of Washington; two sons, Danny Ray White of Dayton, Texas and Jerry Allen White (Kathy) of Switz City; one sister, Peggy Sue White of Bloomfield; a brother, Ronald Gary Bland of Bloomfield; her grandchildren, Jennifer Elaine Fair, Steven Earl Hale, Morgan Marie Gibson, Amber Nicole Lundy and Jeffrey Allen White; and five great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by one son, William Bradley Bedwell; three sisters, Latona Gay Houston, Ida Carroll Nield and Sondra Kay Westbrook; one brother, Robert C. Reed; and her parents. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Jenkins and Sons Funeral Home in Bloomfield, with Rev. Ron Helderman and Rev. Wayne Neeley officiating. Interment will follow in Tulip Cemetery in rural Bloomfield. Public visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and from 10 a.m. until the hour of services on Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolences to the family are available at www.jenkinsfuneralhomes.com.
April 11, 1935 - Jan. 26, 2013
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- Norma Lee SHOALS — Norma June Lee, 76, died Tuesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Born April 14, 1938, in Dover Hill, she was the daughter of Raymond and Etta (Roberts) Sanders. She was a graduate of Vincennes University and had formerly worked a
- Helen Dages Helen Margaret Dages, 88, died Wednesday. She was born Nov. 3, 1925, in Montgomery, to John and Mary (Westhafter) Kennedy. Helen married Paul James Dages June 10, 1950. She graduated from Montgomery High School in 1943 and furthered her education, gr
- More Obituaries Headlines