ODON — Ernest Stoll, 61, passed from this life to the next to be with his Lord at 3:45 a.m. Monday. Born Sept. 12, 1951, in Daviess County, he was the son of Enos and Dorothy (Stoll) Stoll. He was a member of the Mount Olive Mennonite Church, Montgomery. Ern had many friends including people he called to chat with, locals that stopped by to talk, and still others that drove a distance to see him. Ern’s zeal for the Lord took him to the local jails and prisons. His pocket calendars and gospel tracts were always handy to give to those he met each day. He is survived by six brothers, Clyde and Mary Stoll, Owen and Marie Stoll, Leonard and Lana Stoll, and Dwight Stoll, all of Odon, Richard and Ruth Ann Stoll of Indianapolis, Darrel and Naomi Stoll of Greensburg, Ky.; six sisters, Diann and Gary Wagler and Sharon Stoll, all of Odon, Rosann and Omar Miller of Leon, Iowa, Linda and Darrel Wagler of Elnora, Sandy and Jason Bainbridge and Ruth Stoll, all of Sarasota, Fla.; and 33 nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents. The funeral will be at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Simon J. Graber Community Building, with Dave Wittmer, Floyd Lengacher, Steve Shrock and Loren Graber officiating. Burial will be in Mount Olive Cemetery. Visitation will be from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Mount Olive Mennonite Church, Montgomery. Arrangements are being made through Ed Lee Mortuary. Online condolences may be made at www.edleemortuary.com.
Sept. 12, 1951 - Feb. 18, 2013
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, went to be with her Lord at 5 p.m. Thursday at Select Care Hospital in Evansville after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Born June 9, 1939, in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Jacob Frederic an
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- More Obituaries Headlines