WASHINGTON — Patty Shelton, 80, of Washington, died at 10:27 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Jan. 26, 1933, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Brayton Delos and Dorothy Louise (Padgett) Cissell. She was a homemaker and a member of Alfordsville Christian Church. She is survived by three sons, Mark (Joyce) Shelton of Bedford, Steve Shelton of Washington, and Brayton (Dalynn) Shelton of Sullivan; two daughters, Angela (Steven) Cuzart of Washington, and Marsha (Frank) Faith of Elnora; 15 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; a sister, Beckie (Dennis) Jenne; and a brother, Walter Cissell. She is preceded in death by her husband, Clarence Shelton; a daughter, Rhenoda Shelton; two sisters, Eva Chadd and Linda Murry; and three brothers, Don, John and Wilbur Cissell. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Washington Chapel, with Steve Remmel officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery in Reeve Township. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday and after 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Jan. 26, 1933 - Feb. 16, 2013
- Funerals PHILIP MAY — The funeral for Philip L. May was held Wednesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ken Wells officiating. Pallbearers were Tracy Williams, Rick May, Mark May, Stuart May, Jim May and Paul Stone.DIXIE BLAND — The funeral for Dixie Bland was
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- More Obituaries Headlines