LOOGOOTEE — Cathy L. (Beckett) Harris, 58, died at 9:26 a.m. on Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. She was born Oct. 7, 1954 in Washington, to Herbert and Pearl (Carrico) Beckett. She married John K. Harris on Feb. 14, 2000 in Albion, Ill., and he preceeded her in death. She was retired owner/operator of Tango Express and I-64 Service Center in Lynnville, Indiana. Cathy loved the outdoors; fishing, arrowhead hunting, camping and helping people, and she loved her children. She is survived by her mother, Pearl Bridgewater of Loogootee; one daughter, Christina (Ballard) Bathe of Loogootee; four sons, Jason Beckett of Loogootee, Thomas Carrico of Alfordsville, Adam Carrico of Washington, Keith and wife Sandy Carrico of Cannelburg; one sister, Kimberley Beckett of Loogootee; along with 23 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren She was preceded in death by her father, Herbert Beckett; her husband, John K. Harris; one son, Tim Carrico; two brothers, Herbert “Herbie” Beckett and Alan Beckett. There will be no services as per her request. She is be cremated and her and her husband’s cremains will be buried together in St. John’s Cemetery in Loogootee. There will be a private family graveside services at a later date. Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com
Oct. 7, 1954 - Feb. 17. 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines