LOOGOOTEE — Cathy L. (Beckett) Harris, 58, died at 9:26 a.m. on Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. She was born Oct. 7, 1954 in Washington, to Herbert and Pearl (Carrico) Beckett. She married John K. Harris on Feb. 14, 2000 in Albion, Ill., and he preceeded her in death. She was retired owner/operator of Tango Express and I-64 Service Center in Lynnville, Indiana. Cathy loved the outdoors; fishing, arrowhead hunting, camping and helping people, and she loved her children. She is survived by her mother, Pearl Bridgewater of Loogootee; one daughter, Christina (Ballard) Bathe of Loogootee; four sons, Jason Beckett of Loogootee, Thomas Carrico of Alfordsville, Adam Carrico of Washington, Keith and wife Sandy Carrico of Cannelburg; one sister, Kimberley Beckett of Loogootee; along with 23 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren She was preceded in death by her father, Herbert Beckett; her husband, John K. Harris; one son, Tim Carrico; two brothers, Herbert “Herbie” Beckett and Alan Beckett. There will be no services as per her request. She is be cremated and her and her husband’s cremains will be buried together in St. John’s Cemetery in Loogootee. There will be a private family graveside services at a later date. Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com
Oct. 7, 1954 - Feb. 17. 2013
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines