INDIANAPOLIS — Maxine Hauser, 93, died at 7:27 a.m. Friday at her residence. Born Feb. 12, 1920, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Lawrence Roscoe and Bertha E. (Swallers) Truelove. She retired from General Motors after 21 years in the sewing department. She enjoyed cooking, gardening and traveling with family. She is survived by two grandsons, Leif (Viviana) Hauser of Naples, Fla., and Erik (Danielle) Hauser of Elk Grove, Ill.; great-grandchildren, Nikolas and Valentina Hauser and Braden and Ryan Hauser; and several nieces and nephews. Her husband, Herbert V. Hauser, whom she married Feb. 25, 1938, died June 12, 1985. She is also preceded in death by her parents; a son, Vic Hauser; sisters, Elva Potts, Elsie Myers and Wilma Wesner; and a brother, Edmond John Truelove. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Gill Chapel, with Pastor Byron Holtsclaw officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery. Visitation is from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Preferred memorials are to Southport Adult Day Care Center. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
Feb. 12, 1920 - April 5, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan