INDIANAPOLIS — Maxine Hauser, 93, died at 7:27 a.m. Friday at her residence. Born Feb. 12, 1920, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Lawrence Roscoe and Bertha E. (Swallers) Truelove. She retired from General Motors after 21 years in the sewing department. She enjoyed cooking, gardening and traveling with family. She is survived by two grandsons, Leif (Viviana) Hauser of Naples, Fla., and Erik (Danielle) Hauser of Elk Grove, Ill.; great-grandchildren, Nikolas and Valentina Hauser and Braden and Ryan Hauser; and several nieces and nephews. Her husband, Herbert V. Hauser, whom she married Feb. 25, 1938, died June 12, 1985. She is also preceded in death by her parents; a son, Vic Hauser; sisters, Elva Potts, Elsie Myers and Wilma Wesner; and a brother, Edmond John Truelove. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Gill Chapel, with Pastor Byron Holtsclaw officiating. Burial will be in Oak Grove Cemetery. Visitation is from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Preferred memorials are to Southport Adult Day Care Center. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
Feb. 12, 1920 - April 5, 2013
- Corenna Strickland Corenna Mae Strickland, 92, of Washington, died at 3:35 a.m. Thursday at The Village of Hamilton Pointe, Evansville. Born Oct. 25, 1921, in Edwardsport, she was the daughter of George and Nellie (French) Wilson. A 1940 graduate of Edwardsport High Sc
- Betty Atchley VINCENNES -- Betty Lou Atchley, 81, passed away peacefully Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis. She was a friend to everyone she knew, an animal lover and loved playing cards with her friends. Betty was also able to help people by being
- Judith Harris MONTGOMERY -- Judith D. Harris, 65, died at 2:20 a.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Aug. 14, 1948, in Washington, she was the daughter of James A. "Hap" and Nona L. (Waggoner) Tomey. She was a pantry manager and had worked at Tokheim.
- Martha Wesner NEWBERRY -- Martha Ann Wesner, 89, passed away peacefully at her home Wednesday. Martha was born Sept. 14, 1924, in Newberry, to Felix and Anna (Manley) Sappenfield. She was preceded in death by her parents, sisters and brothers-in-laws, Jess and Mar
- John Mayhugh PLAINVILLE -- John W. Mayhugh, 89, died at 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at Ketcham Memorial in Odon. Born Oct. 14, 1924, in Princeton, he was the son of Rev. Luther and Lola Mae (Woods) Mayhugh. A graduate of Corydon High School, he was a U.S. Army veteran. He
- Funerals REV. PAUL TARR -- The funeral for Rev. Paul F. Tarr was at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Pastor Johnny Simmons officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Pallbearers were Brandon Blake, Brandon Ca
- Denzil Fowler MONTGOMERY -- Denzil Fowler, 75, died at 12:17 p.m. Tuesday at Deaconess Hospital, Evansville. Born Sept. 10, 1938, in Pike County, he was the son of Hubert and Sarah (France) Threlkeld Fowler. Retired, he had owned and operated Fowler Excavating, In
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- More Obituaries Headlines