LOOGOOTEE — William Eugene Clark, 85, died at 12 p.m. Saturday at his residence. Born June 9, 1927, in Wheatland, he was the son of Alfred and Wilma (Way) Clark. He became a member of Truelove United Methodist Church in 1962 and served as church lay leader and Sunday school superintendent. He attended schools in Wheatland, the Daviess and Thompson schools in Martin County and Loogootee High School. Bill was a U.S. Air Force veteran and was stationed at the Panama Canal Zone. He was a member of the Loogootee American Legion Post and had retired from the Jasper Desk Company after working 42 years as a desk maker. He is survived by his wife, Maxine (Crouse) Clark, whom he married June 28, 1952; one son, Bill Clark of Vincennes; two daughters and sons-in-law, Brenda and Lee Jones of Loogootee, and Beverly and Roger Lemon of Washington; two sisters, Mary Walton of Loogootee, and Marge Clark of Huntingburg; five brothers, John Clark of Loogootee, Fred Clark and Frank Clark, both of Jasper, Jack Clark of South Carolina, and Tom Clark of Florida; three grandsons, Mick Clark of Loogootee, Scott and Matthew Lemon, both of Washington; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents; one sister, Betty Sutton; and two brothers, Bob and Jim Clark. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Truelove United Methodist Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee and after 10 a.m. Wednesday at the church. In lieu of flowers memorial donations may be made to the Truelove United Methodist Church. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
June 9, 1927 - Oct. 20, 2012
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan