WASHINGTON — Lois G. (Allison) Shelton, 83, died at 12:25 p.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born May 5, 1929, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of George B. and Myra (Keith) Allison. She graduated from Pleasant Hill Elementary, Washington High School in 1947, and Asbury College, obtaining bachelor’s degrees in elementary and religious education, and Master of Education from Indiana State University and also attended Butler, IUPUI and USI. She was a retired teacher who taught at Whittier School near Cumback, weekday education at Martinsville, Longfellow, Lena Dunn Elementary and Veale Elementary. She was a lifelong member of Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church where she served on multiple committees, taught Sunday school for decades and held weekly Bible studies at her house. She was a member of the District United Methodist Women (UMW), Past Secretary of the Vincennes District UMW, Past President of UMW, past State Treasurer of the United Methodist Historical Society, Past President of the retired teachers association, a member of Delta Kappa Gamma Society, the Helpful Homemakers Club, and several other organizations. She was always keeping busy, and enjoyed teaching, quilting, sewing, cooking, reading, family, church choir, and life in general.She was preceded in death by her husband, Donald R. Shelton, whom she married April 14, 1960, died on Aug. 8, 1986; her parents; and siblings, Mary Ruth Allison, Keith Brinton Allison, Rev. Earl Allison, Burke N. Allison and Helen E. White; plus three grandchildren, Natasha Crouse, Heath Shelton, and Brinton Shelton. She is survived by two sons and one daughter; Joseph C. and wife Kathy Shelton, Victor R. and wife Cheryl Shelton, and Mike and Myra (Shelton) Meinhart, all of Washington; grandchildren, Kaylyne Shelton, Natalya and Zaneon Meinhart, Wesley and Emma Shelton, David and Jacob Williams; and sister-in-laws Ruth E. Allison of Veale Township, Phoebe Allison of Evansville, and Louise Hostetter of Jasper, and brother-in-law Veril McClure of Augusta. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church with Rev. Philip Richardson officiating. Burial will be at Bethel Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Gill Chapel and after 10 a.m. Wednesday at Pleasant Hill Church. Preferred memorials are to the Pleasant Hill Church building fund or to the family who plan to continue to fund several missions that their Mother supported.
May 5, 1929 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines