SHOALS — Ella Allbright, 89, went to be with her Lord and Savior at 11:48 p.m. Sunday at Daviess Community Hospital. She was born May 27, 1923, in Mitchell, to George and Ada (Smith) Tirey. She married Walton Allbright Nov. 1, 1945, and he preceded her in death on March 23, 1994. She graduated from Mitchell High School and was very active within her community and church. She was a faithful member of the Shoals United Methodist Church, the Jug Rox Grandmother’s Club, the Garden Club, and was a former member of the Rebekah Lodge. She was a dedicated homemaker and took great care in maintaining her home. Her family includes daughters Judy Pruett of Washington and Joy Gibson of Shoals; five grandchildren, Christopher Pruett of Evansville, Michael Gibson, Ryan Gibson and Jamie Shaw, all of Shoals, and Chad Gibson of Evansville; eight great-grandchildren, Joseph, Joshua and Philip Pruett, Maggie and Gracie Shaw, Rylee and Reese Gibson and Kristin Norris; one great-great-granddaughter, Evelyn Sophia Pruett; brothers Robert and Donald Tirey, both of Oolitic, Wayne, John Henry and Larry Tirey, all of Bedford; sisters, Phyllis Tucker, Delores Grubb and Rhea Anderson, all of Bedford; and numerous nieces and nephews. She is preceded in death by her parents, husband, one brother, Alvy Tirey, and one sister, Mary Jane Tirey. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. She will be laid to rest next to her husband in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Preferred memorials are to the Shoals United Methodist Church. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home. Condolences may be made online to the family at www.queen-lee.com.
May 27, 1923 - April 28, 2013
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- More Obituaries Headlines