WASHINGTON — Alyn Ray Zollars, 69, of Washington, died at 1:55 p.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Born June 30, 1943, in Daviess County, he was the son of Prentiss E. and Catherine (Harrington) Zollars. A 1962 graduate of Washington High School, he was a U.S. Navy veteran. He had been a production supervisor for 34 years at Hoover Precision. He was a member of Hudsonville United Methodist Church, past master of Charity Lodge 30 and Scottish Rite. He was a beloved husband and father. He is survived by his wife, Katherine “Kathy” (Ferguson) Zollars, whom he married Sept. 13, 1963; a daughter and son-in-law, Tracy and Dennis Himsel of Washington; a son and daughter-in-law, Troy and Angel Zollars of Cape Coral, Fla.; a sister and brother-in-law, Lynn and Robert Masters of Washington; grandchildren, Tristan Zollars, Taelyne Zollars, Logan Himsel and Lacey Himsel; sisters-in-law, Donna Strawn, Frances Frakes and Eileen Ferguson; special friends, Bob Miller and Don Duke; and several nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by his parents, and brothers-in-law, Jim Strawn, Bruce Frakes and Noble “Bud” Ferguson. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Gill Chapel, with Revs. Clarence Miller and Kenneth Duke officiating. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens, with military rites by the American Legion and V.F.W. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, with a Masonic service at 7 p.m., and after 10 a.m Saturday at the funeral home. Preferred memorials are to Washington Masonic Charity Lodge 30, c/o Rick Dinkens. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com.
June 30, 1943 - July 10, 2012
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan