MARTINSVILLE — Donna Sue Whitaker, 74, passed from this life on Saturday at 11:44 a.m. at the IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born to the late Charles Edward and Stella Opal (McDonald) Chastain on May 17, 1938, in Dubois County. She graduated with the class of 1957 from Odon-Madison Twp. High School and a few years later married Robert Wayne Whitaker on February 8, 1961; he preceded her in death on April 9, 1999. She will be sadly missed by her family and friends including her two daughters, Lisa Cooksey (husband John) and Lori Holman, both of Martinsville; one sister, Diane Kay Long of Washington; grandchildren, John Michael, Ethan Wayne, Thomas Franklin and Kathryn Lynne Cooksey, Brittany Lynne, Jared Alan and Brandi Jo Holman; and one great grandson, Levi Reece Holman. Family and friends are welcome to visit on Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Neal and Summers Funeral and Cremation Center in Martinsville. A service celebrating her life will begin at 11 a.m on. Thursday at the funeral home and burial will follow in New South Park Cemetery in Martinsville. Contributions may be made to the Diabetes Association, Kidney Foundation, Gideon’s International or Martinsville Community Band, c/o Neal and Summers, 110 E. Poston Rd., Martinsville, IN 46151. Online condolences and memories may be shared with the family at www.nealandsummers.com
May 17, 1938 - Feb. 23, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan