MARTINSVILLE — Ida “Catherine” McPike, 79, passed from this life at her home on Tuesday at 12:42 a.m. She was born Oct. 23, 1933, in Martin County, to the late Paul and Ina (Porter) Sipes. Mrs. McPike was an Elnora High School graduate and a member of the First United Methodist Church in Martinsville. She was also a former Cub Scout den mother and room mother and she enjoyed time shared with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She also took pleasure in traveling and reading. She retired from the First United Methodist Church where she served as secretary for 42 years. She has resided in Morgan County since 1954, moving there from Odon. She will always be remembered by her loving family including her husband, Richard D. McPike of Martinsville, whom she married Jan. 6, 1951. She also leaves behind one daughter, Paula D. Lopossa of Martinsville; son, Richard D. McPike Jr. (wife Suzanne) of Martinsville; sister, Patricia Borter (husband Dr. Edward) of Odon; grandchildren, Bradon J. Lopossa (wife Lesley), Brian Lopossa (wife Catherine), Lauren McPike and Stephanie Fraker (husband Aaron); great-grandchildren, Alexandria Huebner, Brayden, Kaylee and A.J. Fraker and Logan Lopossa. She was preceded in death by her parents, son-in-law, Jerry Lopossa, and one brother, Donald P. Sipes. Family and friends are invited to visit on Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Neal and Summers Funeral and Cremation Center. Rev. Mark Suter will officiate at a graveside service celebrating her life on Saturday at 11 a.m. at the New South Park Cemetery in Martinsville. Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association, 3816 Payshere Circle, Chicago, IL 60674 or to the First United Methodist Church, 3150 E. Myra Lane, Martinsville, IN 46151. Condolences may be shared with the family at www.nealandsummers.com
Oct. 23, 1933 - April 16, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines