WASHINGTON — Samuel Ray Knepp, 64, of Washington, died at 2 p.m. Wednesday at his residence. Born March 6, 1949, in Daviess County, he was the son of Joseph and Viola (Lengacher) Knepp. He was a carpenter and a member of Pleasantville Mennonite Church. He is survived by two daughters, Samantha (Gary) Bobbitt of Montgomery, Michelle Knepp of Odon; a stepdaughter, Andrea Riker of Otwell; two brothers, Joseph (Lois) Knepp Jr. and Howard (Jean) Knepp, both of Loogootee; seven sisters, Dorothy Knepp of Loogootee, Fannie (Ernest) Graber of Odon, Lillie (Norman) Wagler of Montgomery, Rosanna (Lester) Knepp of Loogootee, Sarah (Ernest) Graber of Montgomery, Delores (Paul) Miller of Odon and Loretta (William) Graber of Odon; and 10 grandchildren. His wife, Kimberly Jo (Welton) Knepp is deceased. His parents; one son, Chad Knepp; and one brother, Lewis Knepp, are also deceased. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Pleasantview Fellowship Hall, with Noah Knepp, Gerald Graber and Kenny Steman officiating. Burial will be in Pleasantview Cemetery. Visitation is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and after 11 a.m. Saturday at the church. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home.
March 6, 1949 - June 5, 2013
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- More Obituaries Headlines