OLNEY, Ill. — Mary Barbara Bangert, 91, died at 12:20 p.m. Monday at Richland Memorial Hospital in Olney. Born Sept. 16, 1921, in Olney, she was the daughter of George Arthur and Josephine LeRae (McGilton) Ausbrook. She was the owner and operator of Bangert Casing and Pulling and Central Oil Management. A member of the Christian Church of Olney, she was also a 30-year member of Oil and Gas Association, a 30-year member of Desk and Derrick, and a 73-year member of Eastern Star. She is survived by two stepsons, Maurice and wife Karen Bangert of Clay City, Ill., and Ronald G. and wife Naomi Bangert of Clay City; a stepdaughter, Jona and husband Mike Uptmor of Robinson, Ill.; many grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, and several nieces and nephews. Her husband, John O. Bangert, is deceased. A son, Arthur E. “Red” Ausbrook; a daughter-in-law, Shirley J. Murbarger Ausbrook; a brother, George Ausbrook; and a sister-in-law, Eleanor Ausbrook, are also deceased. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Summers-Kistler Funeral Home in Olney, with Les Boldt officiating. Burial will be in Ingraham Cemetery. Visitation is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. Online condolences may be left at www.summers-kistler.com
Sept. 16, 1921 - June 24, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan