WASHINGTON — Ronald G. “Ratchet” Austin, 74, of Washington, passed away at 7:50 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born Dec. 29, 1938, in Petersburg, he was the son of Virgil Earl and Lucy Alice (Wolven) Austin. He had worked at McCord Corporation and then was a security guard for Perdue Processing plant. He was a U.S. Navy veteran and a past member of the Washington American Legion, V.F.W., Eagles and Moose. He is survived by his wife of 49 1/2 years, Georgia (Reel) Austin, whom he married July 20, 1963; two sons and daughters-in-law, Martin Earl and Tammy Austin of Washington, and Brian Austin (Stephanie Wildman) of Washington; grandchildren, Nathan Austin, Tiffany Austin, Danielle Austin, Ethan Austin, Brian Ray Austin, Jalynn Austin, Logan Aldrich, Aideen Vaugh and Aubree Wildman; and one great-granddaughter, Jordynn Austin. He is preceded in death by his parents and two brothers, Virgil Earl Austin Jr. and Harold Austin. The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pete Aldrich officiating. Burial will be at a later date in St. John Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Memorial donations may be given to the Ronald G. Austin Memorial Fund, 2120 S SR 57, Washington, IN 47501. Checks should be made payable to Brian Austin. Online condolences may be made at www.edleemortuary.com
Dec. 19, 1938 - Jan. 12, 2013
- Sharon Stewart SHOALS -- Sharon (Jones) Stewart, 80, passed away peacefully Tuesday morning at her residence. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wed
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- More Obituaries Headlines