JASPER — Jayne Mehringer, 71, passed away at 1:23 p.m. Saturday at home. She was born in Indianapolis on Oct. 9, 1941, to Ernest and Verdene (Strange) Nonte. She married Larry E. Mehringer on Oct. 14, 1961, at St. John’s Catholic Church in Loogootee. He preceded her in death on April 1, 2012. Jayne was a homemaker and made wedding cakes for over 30 years. She was a member of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, the St. Ann’s Society, and the St. John’s High School Class of 1959 in Loogootee. She enjoyed playing cards, traveling, and watching the grandchildren’s sporting events. She is survived by three daughters, Cheryl Epple and husband Stan, Cathy Bartley and husband Kevin, Pam Egbert and husband Jeff, all Jasper; two sons, Gary Mehringer and wife Brenda of Jasper, Dr. Brett Mehringer and wife Sara of Washington, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; six brothers, Tim Nonte and wife Joyce of Patoka, Tony Nonte and wife Jo Ann of Washington, Tom Nonte and wife Janet of Vincennes, Bob Nonte and wife Trisha of Clarkrange, Tenn., Dr. Bernie Nonte and wife Vicki of Jasper, Dr. Bruce Nonte and wife Julie of Ferdinand. Preceding her in death besides her husband is one grandson, Noah Mehringer. Funeral services for will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Jasper, with entombment to follow in the Fairview Cemetery Mausoleum. Friends may call from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Becher-Kluesner Downtown Chapel in Jasper. The St. Ann’s Society will pray a rosary at 1:45 p.m. In lieu of flowers, please make memorial contributions to St. Joseph’s Catholic Church or to a favorite charity. Condolences may be made at www.becherkluesner.com.
Oct. 9, 1941 - Feb. 9, 2013
- Terry Sutton LOOGOOTEE -- Terry W. Sutton, 66, died at 4:11 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Jan. 15, 1947, in Martin County, he was the son of Walter "Hack" and Frieda (Hovis) Sutton. He was a 1965 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a s
John W. Dant, 65, died at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home.
He was born on Dec.13, 1948, in Loogootee, to Lawrence K. and Flossie (Matthews) Dant.
Dr. Robert Mangus
Loving husband and father, Dr. Robert “Bob” A. Mangus, 59, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday at his residence.
Born Oct. 20, 1954, in Cincinnati, Ohio, he was the son of Margie (Toler) and Donald Mangus Sr.
Joyce Evelyn McRoberts, 87, passed away at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
Born May 27, 1926, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Eldridge Clinton and Flora Catherine (Martin) Inman.
- Wilbur Sparks ODON -- Wilbur Sparks, 81, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Nov. 14, 1932, in Greene County, he was the son of Alfred and Delphia (Arthur) Sparks. A U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War, he retired from Westinghou
- Don Shake ODON -- Don R. Shake, 81, died Thursday at his home. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Onli
- Betty Swayze ODON -- Betty Pearl Swayze 89, formerly of Lyons, passed away at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born May 11, 1924, in Greene County, she was the daughter of Allen Thurman and Goldie M. (Slauter) Rodocker. She retired as a sal
- Georgia Witherspoon PETERSBURG -- Georgia Witherspoon, 70, died at 1:25 p.m. Tuesday in Cumming, Ga. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and after 9 a.m. Su
- Wednesday's Funeral Notices CHARLEY CREAGMILE -- The funeral for Charley W. Creagmile was at 2 p.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel. Burial was in Fairview Cemetery. Pallbearers were Chris Powers, Paul Bennett, Eric Townsend, Jesse Sircy, Mikey Morse and
- Tuesday's Funeral Notices DOROTHY GOODRID -- The funeral for Dorothy Ann Goodrid was at 10 a.m. Saturday at Christ United Methodist Church, with Rev. Kenneth Wells officiating. Burial was in Sugarland Memory Gardens. Pallbearers were Rick Greene, Peter Wood, Eric Wood, Brenda
- More Obituaries Headlines