JASPER — Jayne Mehringer, 71, passed away at 1:23 p.m. Saturday at home. She was born in Indianapolis on Oct. 9, 1941, to Ernest and Verdene (Strange) Nonte. She married Larry E. Mehringer on Oct. 14, 1961, at St. John’s Catholic Church in Loogootee. He preceded her in death on April 1, 2012. Jayne was a homemaker and made wedding cakes for over 30 years. She was a member of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, the St. Ann’s Society, and the St. John’s High School Class of 1959 in Loogootee. She enjoyed playing cards, traveling, and watching the grandchildren’s sporting events. She is survived by three daughters, Cheryl Epple and husband Stan, Cathy Bartley and husband Kevin, Pam Egbert and husband Jeff, all Jasper; two sons, Gary Mehringer and wife Brenda of Jasper, Dr. Brett Mehringer and wife Sara of Washington, Mo.; 13 grandchildren; six brothers, Tim Nonte and wife Joyce of Patoka, Tony Nonte and wife Jo Ann of Washington, Tom Nonte and wife Janet of Vincennes, Bob Nonte and wife Trisha of Clarkrange, Tenn., Dr. Bernie Nonte and wife Vicki of Jasper, Dr. Bruce Nonte and wife Julie of Ferdinand. Preceding her in death besides her husband is one grandson, Noah Mehringer. Funeral services for will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Jasper, with entombment to follow in the Fairview Cemetery Mausoleum. Friends may call from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Becher-Kluesner Downtown Chapel in Jasper. The St. Ann’s Society will pray a rosary at 1:45 p.m. In lieu of flowers, please make memorial contributions to St. Joseph’s Catholic Church or to a favorite charity. Condolences may be made at www.becherkluesner.com.
Oct. 9, 1941 - Feb. 9, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines