Ponca City, Okla. —
WALLINGFORD, Conn. – James R. Meadors, 85, passed away Monday at Mid-State Medical center in Meriden. He was the beloved husband of 64 years to Maureen (Warner) Meadors.
He was born Oct. 10, 1927, in Petersburg, Indiana, the son of the late Warrick and Edith (Stinson) Meadors.
Jim was a WWII Army veteran serving in the occupation forces in Japan and graduate of Indiana University. He worked in Human Relations and Compensation for Uniroyal for 36 years. Upon retirement lived in Savannah, Ga. returning to Connecticut in 2012.
He loved being with his family most of all and was an ardent reader of books and the New York Times. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed sports, especially college basketball with favorite teams Indiana University and Syracuse. Jim filled his life with love for his family and many friends. He was a member of the United Methodist Church at Skidaway Island, Ga.
Besides his wife of 64 years, Jim is also survived by son Mark Meadors; daughter Jan Podesva and her husband Paul; Donna Meadors, wife of deceased son Ryan; and loving grandchildren Christopher, Drew and Lauren Meadors.
Funeral services and burial will be held at the convenience of the family and there are no calling hours. The Alderson Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 S. Main St. is assisting with arrangements.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers may be made to the American Stroke Association, 1 Union St. #301, Robbinsville, NJ 06891-4183.
For online condolences, to light a candle or share a story, please visit www.aldersonfuenralhomes.com.
Ponca City, Okla. —
- Thursday's Funeral Notices HELEN GAITHER — The funeral for Helen C. Gaither was at noon Wednesday at Gill Funeral Home, with Rev. Ken Wells officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery.Pallbearers were Duane Gaither, Keith Gaither, Brandon Gaither, Daniel Gaither, Grant Ketch
- Joyce Patterson CANNELBURG — Joyce (Cobb) Patterson, 81, died at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday in Indianapolis.Born Dec. 11, 1932, in Shoals, she was the daughter of Lee and Hazel (McKibben) Cobb. She was a graduate of Shoals High School. She lived most of her life in Cannelbur
- Funerals RALPH MELTON — A Mass of Christian Burial for Ralph Melton was celebrated at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary Catholic Chapel in Loogootee, with Rev. J. Kenneth Walker as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Catholic Cemetery.Pallbearers were John Mattingly,
- Joseph Jerger Joseph E. Jerger, 87, died at 6 p.m. Aug. 10 at Eastgate Manor Nursing. Born Dec. 12, 1926, in Washington, he was the son of Roman and Estella (Henninger) Jerger. He was retired as a steel foundry lab technician and was a U.S. Army veteran of World W
- Patricia Burks Patricia A. Burks, 80, of Washington, died at 7:05 a.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Washington Chapel. Burial will be in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Visitation is after 9 a
- Funerals LARRY NASH — The funeral for Larry Nash was at 11 a.m. Monday at Mt. Zion Wesleyan Church, with Pastor John Simmons officiating. Burial was in the church cemetery. Pallbearers were Todd Bragg, Alex Nash, Jacob Nash, Trenton Clark, Jim Nicholson, Tim
- Mary Asdell ODON — Mary Lucille Asdell, 92, died at 4:05 p.m. Friday at her residence. Born Sept. 25, 1921, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Eddie and Hulda (Rusher) Kranning. She was a homemaker and had worked at Sarkes Tarzian for four years and Dear
- Maurice Shoultz LOOGOOTEE — Maurice E. Shoultz, 86, passed away peacefully at 4:45 p.m. Sunday at his residence. Born Dec. 21, 1927, in Gleason, he was the son of Nathan and Esther (Fox) Shoultz. He married Mary Margaret Street on May 8, 1948, and she preceded him i
- Helen Gaither Helen C. Gaither, 93, of Washington, died at 5:48 p.m. Saturday at Greenwood Meadows. Born July 31, 1921, in Wheatland, she was the daughter of Allison C. and Clara (Corcoran) Newman. A 1939 graduate of Wheatland High School, she was a homemaker. She
- Funerals HELEN THOMPSON — The funeral for Helen Mae Thompson was Saturday at Gill Funeral Home, with Bro. Alfred Helms officiating. Burial was in Bethany Cemetery.Pallbearers were John Hart, Eric Graber, Troy Graber, Tracy Wencel, John Pat Hart, Josh Graber,
- More Obituaries Headlines