Ponca City, Okla. —
WALLINGFORD, Conn. – James R. Meadors, 85, passed away Monday at Mid-State Medical center in Meriden. He was the beloved husband of 64 years to Maureen (Warner) Meadors.
He was born Oct. 10, 1927, in Petersburg, Indiana, the son of the late Warrick and Edith (Stinson) Meadors.
Jim was a WWII Army veteran serving in the occupation forces in Japan and graduate of Indiana University. He worked in Human Relations and Compensation for Uniroyal for 36 years. Upon retirement lived in Savannah, Ga. returning to Connecticut in 2012.
He loved being with his family most of all and was an ardent reader of books and the New York Times. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed sports, especially college basketball with favorite teams Indiana University and Syracuse. Jim filled his life with love for his family and many friends. He was a member of the United Methodist Church at Skidaway Island, Ga.
Besides his wife of 64 years, Jim is also survived by son Mark Meadors; daughter Jan Podesva and her husband Paul; Donna Meadors, wife of deceased son Ryan; and loving grandchildren Christopher, Drew and Lauren Meadors.
Funeral services and burial will be held at the convenience of the family and there are no calling hours. The Alderson Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 S. Main St. is assisting with arrangements.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers may be made to the American Stroke Association, 1 Union St. #301, Robbinsville, NJ 06891-4183.
For online condolences, to light a candle or share a story, please visit www.aldersonfuenralhomes.com.
Ponca City, Okla. —
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- Norma Lee SHOALS — Norma June Lee, 76, died Tuesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Born April 14, 1938, in Dover Hill, she was the daughter of Raymond and Etta (Roberts) Sanders. She was a graduate of Vincennes University and had formerly worked a
- Helen Dages Helen Margaret Dages, 88, died Wednesday. She was born Nov. 3, 1925, in Montgomery, to John and Mary (Westhafter) Kennedy. Helen married Paul James Dages June 10, 1950. She graduated from Montgomery High School in 1943 and furthered her education, gr
- David Bean David Ira Mitchell Bean went to be with his Lord Monday due to a tragic accident. He was born Jan. 25, 1954, to the late Ben and Eva Bean in Sturgis, Kentucky. He was a 1972 graduate of Barr-Reeve High School and a 1976 graduate of St. Louis Christi
- Anita 'Jody' Hawkins SHOALS — Anita J. "Jody" Hawkins, 73, passed away at 12:03 a.m. Tuesday at Westview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Bedford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- More Obituaries Headlines