Ponca City, Okla. —
WALLINGFORD, Conn. – James R. Meadors, 85, passed away Monday at Mid-State Medical center in Meriden. He was the beloved husband of 64 years to Maureen (Warner) Meadors.
He was born Oct. 10, 1927, in Petersburg, Indiana, the son of the late Warrick and Edith (Stinson) Meadors.
Jim was a WWII Army veteran serving in the occupation forces in Japan and graduate of Indiana University. He worked in Human Relations and Compensation for Uniroyal for 36 years. Upon retirement lived in Savannah, Ga. returning to Connecticut in 2012.
He loved being with his family most of all and was an ardent reader of books and the New York Times. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed sports, especially college basketball with favorite teams Indiana University and Syracuse. Jim filled his life with love for his family and many friends. He was a member of the United Methodist Church at Skidaway Island, Ga.
Besides his wife of 64 years, Jim is also survived by son Mark Meadors; daughter Jan Podesva and her husband Paul; Donna Meadors, wife of deceased son Ryan; and loving grandchildren Christopher, Drew and Lauren Meadors.
Funeral services and burial will be held at the convenience of the family and there are no calling hours. The Alderson Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 S. Main St. is assisting with arrangements.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers may be made to the American Stroke Association, 1 Union St. #301, Robbinsville, NJ 06891-4183.
For online condolences, to light a candle or share a story, please visit www.aldersonfuenralhomes.com.
Ponca City, Okla. —
- Ruth Grannan Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines