Ponca City, Okla. —
WALLINGFORD, Conn. – James R. Meadors, 85, passed away Monday at Mid-State Medical center in Meriden. He was the beloved husband of 64 years to Maureen (Warner) Meadors.
He was born Oct. 10, 1927, in Petersburg, Indiana, the son of the late Warrick and Edith (Stinson) Meadors.
Jim was a WWII Army veteran serving in the occupation forces in Japan and graduate of Indiana University. He worked in Human Relations and Compensation for Uniroyal for 36 years. Upon retirement lived in Savannah, Ga. returning to Connecticut in 2012.
He loved being with his family most of all and was an ardent reader of books and the New York Times. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed sports, especially college basketball with favorite teams Indiana University and Syracuse. Jim filled his life with love for his family and many friends. He was a member of the United Methodist Church at Skidaway Island, Ga.
Besides his wife of 64 years, Jim is also survived by son Mark Meadors; daughter Jan Podesva and her husband Paul; Donna Meadors, wife of deceased son Ryan; and loving grandchildren Christopher, Drew and Lauren Meadors.
Funeral services and burial will be held at the convenience of the family and there are no calling hours. The Alderson Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 S. Main St. is assisting with arrangements.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers may be made to the American Stroke Association, 1 Union St. #301, Robbinsville, NJ 06891-4183.
For online condolences, to light a candle or share a story, please visit www.aldersonfuenralhomes.com.
Ponca City, Okla. —
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
- More Obituaries Headlines