Ponca City, Okla. —
WALLINGFORD, Conn. – James R. Meadors, 85, passed away Monday at Mid-State Medical center in Meriden. He was the beloved husband of 64 years to Maureen (Warner) Meadors.
He was born Oct. 10, 1927, in Petersburg, Indiana, the son of the late Warrick and Edith (Stinson) Meadors.
Jim was a WWII Army veteran serving in the occupation forces in Japan and graduate of Indiana University. He worked in Human Relations and Compensation for Uniroyal for 36 years. Upon retirement lived in Savannah, Ga. returning to Connecticut in 2012.
He loved being with his family most of all and was an ardent reader of books and the New York Times. He was an avid golfer and enjoyed sports, especially college basketball with favorite teams Indiana University and Syracuse. Jim filled his life with love for his family and many friends. He was a member of the United Methodist Church at Skidaway Island, Ga.
Besides his wife of 64 years, Jim is also survived by son Mark Meadors; daughter Jan Podesva and her husband Paul; Donna Meadors, wife of deceased son Ryan; and loving grandchildren Christopher, Drew and Lauren Meadors.
Funeral services and burial will be held at the convenience of the family and there are no calling hours. The Alderson Funeral Home of Cheshire, 615 S. Main St. is assisting with arrangements.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers may be made to the American Stroke Association, 1 Union St. #301, Robbinsville, NJ 06891-4183.
For online condolences, to light a candle or share a story, please visit www.aldersonfuenralhomes.com.
Ponca City, Okla. —
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- James Stevens Sr. CHEBOYGAN, Mich. -- James Reginald Stevens, Sr., Commander (Ret. USN), 82, set sail for his final voyage to Heaven to serve his most high commander Jesus Christ on April 9, at his winter home in Washington, while on hospice. Stevens is survived by h
- David Davidson CRANE -- David Robert Davidson, 80, died at 11:40 a.m. Friday at his residence. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery, with militar
- Geneva Yarbrough BLOOMINGTON -- Geneva I. Yarbrough, 94, passed away Sunday at Garden Villa in Bloomington. Born Sept. 2, 1919, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Joseph and Mary Delpha (Beasley) Lamb. Survivors include one daughter, Barbara Slessinger (Louis
- Lester 'Norman' Wininger RAGLESVILLE -- Lester "Norman" Wininger, 83, a resident of Raglesville for over 53 years, passed away at 2:25 p.m. Saturday at Bloomington Hospital. Born Dec. 11, 1930, in Martin County, he was the son of Roy and Bertha (Collins) Wininger. He attend
- Robert Bullock CANNELBURG -- Robert C. "Bob" Bullock, 88, passed away at 8 p.m. Saturday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper surrounded by his family. Born Sept. 8, 1925, in Daviess County, he was the son of James Omer and Beatrice (McGuire) Bullock. Bob retired
- Wilma Edmondson ODON -- Wilma Edmondson, 87, passed away April 2 at 9:40 a.m. surrounded by family. She was born July 23, 1926, to Ross and Ethel (Courtney) Edmondson in Elnora - the Mudd Pike area. After graduating from Elnora High School in 1944, she moved to Ind
- Funerals LEO BARLEY -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Leo Barley was celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday in St. Peter's Catholic Church, Montgomery, with Rev. James Koressel, Joseph Erbacher and J. Kenneth Walker officiating. Burial will be at a later date. Pallbe
- James Garten BLOOMFIELD — James Larry Garten, 66, passed away April 8 at his residence. Born Aug. 15, 1947, in Indianapolis, he was the son of James J. and Betty J. (Newell) Garten. He was a farmer. He served his country with the U.S. Army in Vietnam. He is survi
- More Obituaries Headlines