SPENCER — Thomas Franklin Roberts, 66, passed away on Wednesday at his residence. He was born in Leroy, Kan., on June 12, 1946 to Joseph Albert “Hallie” and Wyoma “Berniece” (Storm) Roberts. Tom graduated from Ellettsville High School in 1964 and joined the U.S. Marine Corps where he served in Vietnam. He worked as a farmer, truck driver, and HVAC technician and was a member of the Dive Christian Church. Tom was an excellent mechanic and could fix almost anything. He was a NASCAR fan and loved to fish. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Betty Marie (Davis) Roberts; son, Ricky L. Schultz; and grandson, Christopher Buchanan. Tom is survived by his children, Tommy Roberts (Kimberly) of Spencer, Tony Roberts (Meshelle) of Spencer, and Kimberly Stahl (Jonathan) of Freedom; grandchildren, Samantha Roberts, Leroy Roberts, Myra Roberts, Klaudia Stahl and Dane Stahl; and brother, George Joseph Roberts of Columbus. Visitation will be at Chandler Funeral Home in Ellettsville Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Graveside services will be private at Oak Grove Cemetery in Washington. Visit www.chandlerfh.com to view Tom’s tribute page and share condolences, photos, memories and more with the family.
June 12, 1946 - April 24, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan