SPENCER — Thomas Franklin Roberts, 66, passed away on Wednesday at his residence. He was born in Leroy, Kan., on June 12, 1946 to Joseph Albert “Hallie” and Wyoma “Berniece” (Storm) Roberts. Tom graduated from Ellettsville High School in 1964 and joined the U.S. Marine Corps where he served in Vietnam. He worked as a farmer, truck driver, and HVAC technician and was a member of the Dive Christian Church. Tom was an excellent mechanic and could fix almost anything. He was a NASCAR fan and loved to fish. He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Betty Marie (Davis) Roberts; son, Ricky L. Schultz; and grandson, Christopher Buchanan. Tom is survived by his children, Tommy Roberts (Kimberly) of Spencer, Tony Roberts (Meshelle) of Spencer, and Kimberly Stahl (Jonathan) of Freedom; grandchildren, Samantha Roberts, Leroy Roberts, Myra Roberts, Klaudia Stahl and Dane Stahl; and brother, George Joseph Roberts of Columbus. Visitation will be at Chandler Funeral Home in Ellettsville Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Graveside services will be private at Oak Grove Cemetery in Washington. Visit www.chandlerfh.com to view Tom’s tribute page and share condolences, photos, memories and more with the family.
June 12, 1946 - April 24, 2013
- Funerals PHILIP MAY — The funeral for Philip L. May was held Wednesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Pastor Ken Wells officiating. Pallbearers were Tracy Williams, Rick May, Mark May, Stuart May, Jim May and Paul Stone.DIXIE BLAND — The funeral for Dixie Bland was
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- More Obituaries Headlines