MONTGOMERY — Benjamin E. Wagler, 92, died at 9:55 p.m. Friday at his residence. Born Jan. 7, 1921, in Daviess County, he was the son of Eli and Eliza (Schrock) Wagler. He was a farmer and a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He is survived by four sons, Levi and wife Marilyn Wagler, David and wife Pauline Wagler, Benjamin and wife Rosie Mae Wagler, all of Montgomery, and Enos and wife Miriam Wagler of Loogootee; seven daughters, Catherine and husband Edwin Wagler of Alymer, Ontario, Canada, Esther and husband David Wagler, Naomi and husband Wilmer Knepp, all of Montgomery, Wilma and husband John, Marie and husband Amos, all of Odon, Rebecca and husband Abraham Graber of Loogootee, and Ida and Omar Eicher of Powasson, Ontario, Canada; daughter-in-law, Anna Marie Wagler of Montgomery; sister-in-law, Verda Wagler; 76 grandchildren; 289 great-grandchildren; and 17 great-great-grandchildren. His wife, Mary R. (Graber) Wagler, whom he married June 8, 1941, died Sept. 2, 2006. He is also preceded in death by his parents; one son, Noah Wagler; a son-in-law, David Wagler; two brothers, Noah E. and Anson Wagler; four half brothers, Enos, Lewis, David and Eli Wagler; two half sisters, Lydia and Susanna; three grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. The funeral was at 9 a.m. Monday at the family residence. Burial was in Wagler Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery.
Jan. 7, 1921 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines