MONTGOMERY — Benjamin E. Wagler, 92, died at 9:55 p.m. Friday at his residence. Born Jan. 7, 1921, in Daviess County, he was the son of Eli and Eliza (Schrock) Wagler. He was a farmer and a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He is survived by four sons, Levi and wife Marilyn Wagler, David and wife Pauline Wagler, Benjamin and wife Rosie Mae Wagler, all of Montgomery, and Enos and wife Miriam Wagler of Loogootee; seven daughters, Catherine and husband Edwin Wagler of Alymer, Ontario, Canada, Esther and husband David Wagler, Naomi and husband Wilmer Knepp, all of Montgomery, Wilma and husband John, Marie and husband Amos, all of Odon, Rebecca and husband Abraham Graber of Loogootee, and Ida and Omar Eicher of Powasson, Ontario, Canada; daughter-in-law, Anna Marie Wagler of Montgomery; sister-in-law, Verda Wagler; 76 grandchildren; 289 great-grandchildren; and 17 great-great-grandchildren. His wife, Mary R. (Graber) Wagler, whom he married June 8, 1941, died Sept. 2, 2006. He is also preceded in death by his parents; one son, Noah Wagler; a son-in-law, David Wagler; two brothers, Noah E. and Anson Wagler; four half brothers, Enos, Lewis, David and Eli Wagler; two half sisters, Lydia and Susanna; three grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. The funeral was at 9 a.m. Monday at the family residence. Burial was in Wagler Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery.
Jan. 7, 1921 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- Raymond Blake LOOGOOTEE — Raymond J. Blake, 88, died at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Loogootee Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. Born Feb. 11, 1926, in Lawrence County, he was the son of Fredrick E. and Ida May (Hamilton) Blake. He was a U.S. Army veteran serving i
Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Wilma Butcher Wilma Catherine (Brewer) Butcher, 91, of Washington, died at 3:12 p.m. Wednesday. Born May 22, 1923, she was the daughter of Bernard and Zita (McGrath) Carrico. She is survived by one daughter, Carolyn Sue (Artie) Lewis of Washington; two sons, Donal
- Funerals PATRICIA ELPERS — The funeral for Patricia E. Elpers was at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals, with Bro. Mike Talcott officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery.Pallbearers were Roger Sanders, Brad Tinkle, David Hartley, Gavin
- Norma Lee SHOALS — Norma June Lee, 76, died Tuesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Born April 14, 1938, in Dover Hill, she was the daughter of Raymond and Etta (Roberts) Sanders. She was a graduate of Vincennes University and had formerly worked a
- Helen Dages Helen Margaret Dages, 88, died Wednesday. She was born Nov. 3, 1925, in Montgomery, to John and Mary (Westhafter) Kennedy. Helen married Paul James Dages June 10, 1950. She graduated from Montgomery High School in 1943 and furthered her education, gr
- More Obituaries Headlines