WASHINGTON — Cosimo Damiano Raschella, 83, of Washington, died at 2:10 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Jan. 23, 1930, in Caulonia, Italy, he was the son of Raffaele and Guiseppina Surace Raschella. In 2004 he moved to Washington. He enjoyed working in his garden, cooking, playing bingo at the senior center and loved playing slots at casinos. He came to the U.S. by boat in 1959. He worked for Magliano Company in Cincinnati, Ohio, and made custom suits from expensive materials from Italy. He made suits for movie and sports icons like Bob Hope, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench and Lee Iacocca. After retirement he moved to Richmond, Ind. There he owned and operated three restaurants. He was fortunate to travel around the world two times including trips to France, Italy, Greece, Tahiti, Hawaii, Brazil, Rio de Janeiro, Argentina, Germany, Canada and New Zealand, plus 22 trips to Australia. He is survived by a son, Raffaele (Teresa Siciliano) Raschella of Italy; friend, Jarit Keith of Washington; brother, Damiano Raschella of Sydney, Australia; granddaughter, Caterina Raschella, and grandson, Cosimo Raschella. He is preceded in death by his wife, Caterina Santoro, and seven brothers. Private family services were held. Arrangements were made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home.
Jan. 23, 1930 - March 2, 2013
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- More Obituaries Headlines