WASHINGTON — Lyle was born in Oshkosh, Wis., on May 7, 1926, to the late Wilbur and Gladys (Hubbard) Rasmussen. Graduated from Oshkosh High School in June 1944 after attending one semester at Taylor University, Upland, Ind. Lyle married Jean (Smith) Rasmussen June 8, 1947, at the Capitol Avenue Methodist Church. Jean went to be with her Lord on Oct. 22, 1994. Lyle graduated from Taylor in 1950 and from Christian Theological Seminary, Indianapolis 1958. Lyle was ordained a Deacon in 1952 and an Elder in 1958 in the North Indiana Conference. He was ordained in 1958 from Butler School of Divinity. From 1946 until 1968 he served churches in the North Conference. When the merger took place between Evangelical Brethren and the Methodist Church he was automatically placed in the Southern Indiana Conference where he stayed until his retirement in 1991. While in Southern Indiana he also served as Chaplain for the Fraternal Order of Police District 101. He attended church at Bethel United Methodist North (Otterbein). Lyle was a member of the Kiwanis Club and served as president for a year. Lyle enjoyed camping and the outdoors and took part in many programs promoting such for the community’s youth. He was actively involved in the Clyde Dupin Crusades and numerous mission trips and ministries. Survivors include his loving wife of 18 years, Mary Ann; three sons, Rev. Timothy Allen Rasmussen (Serena), Rev. Stephen Lee Rasmussen (Rebecca), Rev. Daniel Dean Rasmussen (Julie); children by marriage, Tom Hughey (Trina); Lorrie Williams (Don); 13 grandchildren; and one great-grandchild. Lyle was preceded in death by his first wife, Jean Rasmussen; sister, Connie Mehlberg; son of marriage, Phillip Hughey; brothers, Merten, Elvah, and Jerome Rasmussen. Visitation will be held on Sunday, March 17, 2013, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. in Gill Funeral Home, 308 E. Walnut St., Washington, IN 47501. A service will be held on Monday, March 18, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Bethel United Methodist North (Otterbein). A Chapel service will take place on Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 1 p.m. in the mausoleum at Washington Park East Cemetery in Indianapolis. Memorial contributions may be made to I.N.U.M.C., Attn: Impact 301 Pennsylvania Pkwy, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46280.
May 7, 1926 - March 13, 2013
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines