CHICOPEE, Mass. — James L. Dant Sr., 68, died Tuesday at the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke. James was born Oct. 1, 1944, in Loogootee. He was the son of the late Lawrence and Florence (Matthews) Dant. He was a millwright at the former Uniroyal Corp., Spaulding Sports Worldwide, and Top Flight. James was an Air Force veteran of the Vietnam era, a member of the American Legion Post 353, a member of the National Rifle Association, he was an avid hunter, loved to go snowmobiling, play bingo at Foxwoods, and for over 30 years he enjoyed vacationing in Hampton Beach. James loved animals, especially his own pets and was a great storyteller, but above all things he was a devoted father and grandfather. James is survived by his wife, Cynthia A. (Ostrowski) Dant of Chicopee; two sons, James L. Dant Jr. of Worthington and William L. Dant of Duxbury; two daughters, Darlene C. Labonte of Chicopee and Laura L. Meyer of Hadley; six grandchildren, Steffanie, Patricia, Ava, Mya, John, and Julia; six brothers and three sisters, all of Indiana. James’ funeral service will be held Monday, at the Massachusetts Veterans Memorial Cemetery Chapel, 1390 Main St. in Agawam at 1 p.m. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke, 110 Cherry St., Holyoke, MA 01040 and Alzheimer’s Association, 264 Cottage St., Springfield, MA 01104. www.cierpialmemorialfuneralhomes.com
Oct. 1, 1944 - March 19, 2013
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Lois Dyer Lois P. Dyer, 78, of Washington, died at 2:44 a.m. Thursday at Hillside Manor Nursing Center. Born July 19, 1935, in Champaign County, Ill., she was the daughter of Virgil and Lola (Reynolds) McCracken. She had worked at Armour Packing for 16 years a
- Kenneth Jackle JASPER -- Kenneth J. Jackle, 47, passed away at 4:05 p.m. Tuesday at St. Charles Health Campus in Jasper. Kenneth fought a battle with leukemia for the past nine months. Born Oct. 20, 1966, in Jasper, he was the son of Robert and Sandra (Richards) Ja
- Dorothy Ann Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- Kenneth Tennis Kenneth F. Tennis, 80, of Washington, passed away at 9 a.m. Saturday at his residence. Born March 1, 1933, in Gibson County, he was the son of Francis P. and Mary I. (Healy) Tennis. He was a 1951 graduate of Washington Catholic High School and was a
- Wilford 'Bud' Buhr Wilford "Bud" Buhr, 83, passed away at 5:29 p.m. Saturday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Dec. 31, 1929, in Washington, he was the son of Lawrence and Eathel (Workman) Buhr. He was a 1948 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a U.S. Navy veter
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Ruth Grannan