WASHINGTON — Cathy Lynn Gould, 62 of Washington, died at 11:47 a.m. Friday at her residence. She was the daughter of Hugh O. and Phyllis (Madden) McLemore, and lived in Washington nearly all her life. On June 9, 1979, she married C. Robert Gould, originally from Mt. Carmel, Ill., and he survives. Also surviving are her father; stepchildren Mindy (Kurt) Shetter and Todd (Melissa) Gould and grandson Nathan Gould, all of Indianapolis; brothers Mike (Diane) McLemore and Chris McLemore, all of Washington; niece Mindy (Ryan) Kenworthy and their three children of Washington; and nephew Cory McLemore of Riverside, Calif. She was preceded in death by her mother in 1987; grandparents, J. Hanley and Lucille Madden, and Bradford and Augusta McLemore. Cathy was a 1968 graduate of Washington High School and a 1972 graduate of Purdue University. Following several years of employment as a bookkeeper and truck driver, she then enjoyed being a homemaker and traveling with her husband. Her many friendships included church friends, bridge players, golfers and dog show/club members. She was a member of Christ United Methodist Church for over 30 years, enjoying the choir and participating in various church activities until 2008. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Gill Chapel, with Rev. Faye Bilski officiating. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens Cemetery. Visitation will also be Saturday from 10 a.m. to service time. In lieu of flowers, Cathy requested memorial tributes be made to the Washington Friends for Animals or The A.L.S. Association. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com
June 29, 1950 - May 10, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines