WASHINGTON — Makenlie Jean Robinson (Lakatos) was granted her angel wings Friday, following a short illness. Her final days were spent surrounded by family and friends that she had touched in a big way throughout her short but memorable life. Makenlie’s life would seem short to many, but those who were touched by her understood that the quality of the existence for the quantity of time lives on. Her gentle smile could melt the hearts of those around her and though she never spoke a word, her thoughts could always be heard. Makenlie leaves behind many wonderful caregivers that provided love and support and enhanced her quality of life. She is also survived by her mother, Morgan Robinson; stepfather, Mitch Colvin; brother, Laithan Alvey; sister, Brylee Alvey; grandparents, Rhonda (Fleck) Robinson, Steve Lamb, Robbie Robinson, Alan and Brenda Colvin; great-grandparents, Joe and Pam Fleck, Judy Lamb, Georgetta Strong; uncle, Scott Fleck; Jason and Amanda Strong; father, Steven Lakatos; grandfather, Jeff Marchione; grandmothers, Nancey Marchione and Beth King; aunts, Lauren Marchione, Nicole Huey; uncles, Michael Ramirez, Joe Marchione, Robert Marchione, Richard Marchione, Brendon Marchione, Danny Ramirez, Joseph Lakatos and Bobby Huey. She is preceded in death by a brother, Haiden Lee Robinson; great-great-grandparents, Cletus and Norma Fleck, and Floyd and Violet Webber; and a very special cousin, Melissa Ghirardelli. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Gill Chapel, with visitation beginning at 9 a.m. Burial will be in St. John’s Cemetery. After the services family and friends are gathering at Joe and Pam Fleck’s house, 600 W. Nat’l Hwy.
Jan. 28, 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- More Obituaries Headlines