WASHINGTON — Makenlie Jean Robinson (Lakatos) was granted her angel wings Friday, following a short illness. Her final days were spent surrounded by family and friends that she had touched in a big way throughout her short but memorable life. Makenlie’s life would seem short to many, but those who were touched by her understood that the quality of the existence for the quantity of time lives on. Her gentle smile could melt the hearts of those around her and though she never spoke a word, her thoughts could always be heard. Makenlie leaves behind many wonderful caregivers that provided love and support and enhanced her quality of life. She is also survived by her mother, Morgan Robinson; stepfather, Mitch Colvin; brother, Laithan Alvey; sister, Brylee Alvey; grandparents, Rhonda (Fleck) Robinson, Steve Lamb, Robbie Robinson, Alan and Brenda Colvin; great-grandparents, Joe and Pam Fleck, Judy Lamb, Georgetta Strong; uncle, Scott Fleck; Jason and Amanda Strong; father, Steven Lakatos; grandfather, Jeff Marchione; grandmothers, Nancey Marchione and Beth King; aunts, Lauren Marchione, Nicole Huey; uncles, Michael Ramirez, Joe Marchione, Robert Marchione, Richard Marchione, Brendon Marchione, Danny Ramirez, Joseph Lakatos and Bobby Huey. She is preceded in death by a brother, Haiden Lee Robinson; great-great-grandparents, Cletus and Norma Fleck, and Floyd and Violet Webber; and a very special cousin, Melissa Ghirardelli. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Gill Chapel, with visitation beginning at 9 a.m. Burial will be in St. John’s Cemetery. After the services family and friends are gathering at Joe and Pam Fleck’s house, 600 W. Nat’l Hwy.
Jan. 28, 2013 - May 17, 2013
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines