LOOGOOTEE — Jane S. Prather, 84, died at 2:43 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center in Jasper.
Born Nov. 6, 1927, in Loogootee, she was the daughter of Frank and Cora (Wagoner) Kays.
She was a 1946 graduate of Loogootee High School and a member of St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee.
Jane was very spiritual and a devout Catholic. She enjoyed spending time with her children and grandchildren, reading and traveling, especially to Hawaii.
She married Robert D. Prather on Jan. 6, 1952, and he survives. She also is survived by two daughters, Lana Prather (Tony Smith) of Loogootee and Jill Prather of San Francisco, Calif.; two sons, Brent (Brenda) Prather of Terre Haute and Kerry (Cindy) Prather of Franklin; five grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, and three sisters.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday at St. John Catholic Church in Loogootee. Burial will follow in St. John Catholic Cemetery.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Sunday at the Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with a rosary being recited at 7 p.m.
Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
- Terry Bowman ODON -- Terry Bowman, 70, died at 2:31 p.m. Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital. Born Oct. 24, 1943, in Daviess County, he was the son of Rex A. and Jean Martha (Seal) Bowman. He was an inspection worker for 30 years at Allison's Speedway in India
- John Gentry PETERSBURG -- John B. Gentry, 85, died at 9:30 p.m. Thursday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Rev. Mike Elliott officiating. Burial will be in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Oatsville. Visitat
- Terry Sutton LOOGOOTEE -- Terry W. Sutton, 66, died at 4:11 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Jan. 15, 1947, in Martin County, he was the son of Walter "Hack" and Frieda (Hovis) Sutton. He was a 1965 graduate of Loogootee High School and was a s
John W. Dant, 65, died at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at his home.
He was born on Dec.13, 1948, in Loogootee, to Lawrence K. and Flossie (Matthews) Dant.
Dr. Robert Mangus
Loving husband and father, Dr. Robert “Bob” A. Mangus, 59, died at 4:30 p.m. Monday at his residence.
Born Oct. 20, 1954, in Cincinnati, Ohio, he was the son of Margie (Toler) and Donald Mangus Sr.
Joyce Evelyn McRoberts, 87, passed away at 11:20 p.m. Tuesday at IU Health Bloomington Hospital.
Born May 27, 1926, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Eldridge Clinton and Flora Catherine (Martin) Inman.
- Wilbur Sparks ODON -- Wilbur Sparks, 81, died at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Nov. 14, 1932, in Greene County, he was the son of Alfred and Delphia (Arthur) Sparks. A U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War, he retired from Westinghou
- Don Shake ODON -- Don R. Shake, 81, died Thursday at his home. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake and Wagler Funeral Home in Montgomery. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. Onli
- Betty Swayze ODON -- Betty Pearl Swayze 89, formerly of Lyons, passed away at 7:40 p.m. Wednesday at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born May 11, 1924, in Greene County, she was the daughter of Allen Thurman and Goldie M. (Slauter) Rodocker. She retired as a sal
- Georgia Witherspoon PETERSBURG -- Georgia Witherspoon, 70, died at 1:25 p.m. Tuesday in Cumming, Ga. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg. Burial will be at a later date. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and after 9 a.m. Su
- More Obituaries Headlines