MT. VERNON, Wash. — Rhonda Renae Cornelius, 47, formerly of Washington, went to be with the Lord at 3 p.m. Sunday at her home with her family by her side.
Born July 7, 1965, in Washington, she was the daughter of Steve and Carol (Roseman) Charles. She graduated from Washington High School in 1983 and was a devoted wife and mother who enjoyed her family.
She is survived by her husband, David Joseph Cornelius, whom she married in June of 1985; two children, Jordyn Renae Cornelius and Dalin Joseph Cornelius; her parents, Carol Short of Mt. Vernon and Steve Charles of Washington; one brother, Doug Charles; mother-in-law Mary Anita Cornelius of Washington; sisters-in-law, Sheryl (Cornelius) and her husband Greg Hymer, and Laura J. (Cornelius) Smith; brothers-in-law, Tim Cornelius and his wife Gail, Tom Cornelius and his wife Joan, and Donald Cornelius; a special aunt, Judy Roseman of Vincennes; and several nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her father-in-law, Wayne “Red” Cornelius.
There will be no service at this time.
Condolences may be made to Ed Lee Mortuary, which is handling the arrangements.
- Iva Hardwick ODON -- Iva Hardwick, 88, died at 3:56 p.m. Monday at Ketcham Memorial Center. Born Oct. 29, 1925, in St. Louis, Mo., she was the daughter of Charles and Emma (Crow) Chamberlain. She had worked as a factory line worker at RCA. She is survived by a d
- Wednesday's Funeral Notices JAMES STEVENS -- The funeral for James R. Stevens was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Gill Funeral Home, with Revs. Cheryl Jones and George Qualley officiating. Burial was in Sugarland Memory Gardens. Pallbearers were John Dosch, Kerry Williams, Mike Edwards,
- Funerals MARCELLA RUSSELL -- The funeral for Marcella Russell was at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Sullivan officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were John Owen, Richard Diamond, Jacob Ivey, Richard Ivey, Ke
- Margaret 'Peggy' Burris LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Margaret Mary "Peggy" Burris, 62, passed away Monday surrounded by family. Peggy was the daughter of Webster and Catherine Struck. She is preceded in death by her brother-in law, Robert Lennon; and sister-in law, Lolly Struck. Pegg
- Merton Tow Jr. SHOALS -- Merton Tow Jr., 80, died at 9:35 p.m. Saturday at the Garden Villa in Bedford. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery, with military graveside rites by American L
- Jonathan Heshelman ODON -- Jonathan David Heshelman, 7 months, died Friday at Riley Hospital in Indianapolis. Born Aug. 28, 2013, in Washington, he was the son of Joshua Heshelman and Melissa Hall. He went to sleep and met Jesus in his mother's loving arms. He was a ve
- Donna Richmond Donna Faye Richmond, 55, of Washington, passed away Saturday morning at her residence. Born Nov. 13, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Ralph and Phyllis Ann (Lents) McCool. She was a 1976 graduate of Washington High School and was a membe
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- More Obituaries Headlines