MT. VERNON, Wash. — Rhonda Renae Cornelius, 47, formerly of Washington, went to be with the Lord at 3 p.m. Sunday at her home with her family by her side.
Born July 7, 1965, in Washington, she was the daughter of Steve and Carol (Roseman) Charles. She graduated from Washington High School in 1983 and was a devoted wife and mother who enjoyed her family.
She is survived by her husband, David Joseph Cornelius, whom she married in June of 1985; two children, Jordyn Renae Cornelius and Dalin Joseph Cornelius; her parents, Carol Short of Mt. Vernon and Steve Charles of Washington; one brother, Doug Charles; mother-in-law Mary Anita Cornelius of Washington; sisters-in-law, Sheryl (Cornelius) and her husband Greg Hymer, and Laura J. (Cornelius) Smith; brothers-in-law, Tim Cornelius and his wife Gail, Tom Cornelius and his wife Joan, and Donald Cornelius; a special aunt, Judy Roseman of Vincennes; and several nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her father-in-law, Wayne “Red” Cornelius.
There will be no service at this time.
Condolences may be made to Ed Lee Mortuary, which is handling the arrangements.
- Juanita Carnahan Juanita Rose Leonard Carnahan, 90, of Washington, went to be with the Lord at 3 a.m. Friday at Prairie Village Living Center.Born March 19, 1924, in Washington, she was the daughter of Ralph and Essie Lee (Walker) Leonard.She attended Washington High
- Saturday's Funeral Notices MAURICE SHOULTZ — The funeral for Maurice E. Shoultz was at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Bramble, with Rev. J. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Daniel Shoultz, Lucas Shoultz, Matt Shoultz, Nathan Shoultz, Russell Cr
- Rita Lannan LOOGOOTEE — Rita Mae Lannan, 77, died at 8:52 p.m. Thursday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Dec. 25, 1936, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Francis and Mary Agatha (Spaulding) Lannan. She was a member of St. Martin Catholic Church in Whi
- Norman England FREELANDVILLE — Norman Lee England, 74, passed away Thursday at his son’s house in Flat Rock, Illinois. Norman was born Oct. 29, 1939, in Washington, the son of Harley “Jack” and Wilma “Beryl” (Perkins) England. He married Loretta Smith on Oct. 14, 1
- Loren Nash Loren Nash, 77, of Washington, died at 10:17 a.m. Friday at Select Hospital in Evansville. Born Jan. 27, 1937, in Decker, he was the son of Howard L. and Rowena (William) Nash. He was a U.S. Navy veteran. He is survived by a sister, Donna (Bud) Curry
- Verda Graber Verda Graber, wife of John (Mush) Graber, went home to be with her Heavenly Father on Friday. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at First Mennonite Church. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday at the c
- Marjorie Kocher Marjorie "Kay Raymann" Kocher, 75, of Washington, died at 6:05 p.m. Wednesday at Washington Nursing Center. Born April 15, 1939, in Washington, she was the daughter of Ernest and Earldean (Wilson) Smith. She received her GED and Cosmetology License a
- Carol 'Hupo' Holland LOOGOOTEE — Carol E. "Hupo" Holland, 73, died Wednesday at Kindred Hospital in Indianapolis. Born March 8, 1941, in Martin County, he was the son of Roy and Betty (Smith) Holland. He was a U.S. Army veteran and he formerly was a member of St. Mary Ba
- Thursday's Funeral Notices HELEN GAITHER — The funeral for Helen C. Gaither was at noon Wednesday at Gill Funeral Home, with Rev. Ken Wells officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery.Pallbearers were Duane Gaither, Keith Gaither, Brandon Gaither, Daniel Gaither, Grant Ketch
- Joyce Patterson CANNELBURG — Joyce (Cobb) Patterson, 81, died at 6:45 p.m. Tuesday in Indianapolis.Born Dec. 11, 1932, in Shoals, she was the daughter of Lee and Hazel (McKibben) Cobb. She was a graduate of Shoals High School. She lived most of her life in Cannelbur
- More Obituaries Headlines