MT. VERNON, Wash. — Rhonda Renae Cornelius, 47, formerly of Washington, went to be with the Lord at 3 p.m. Sunday at her home with her family by her side.
Born July 7, 1965, in Washington, she was the daughter of Steve and Carol (Roseman) Charles. She graduated from Washington High School in 1983 and was a devoted wife and mother who enjoyed her family.
She is survived by her husband, David Joseph Cornelius, whom she married in June of 1985; two children, Jordyn Renae Cornelius and Dalin Joseph Cornelius; her parents, Carol Short of Mt. Vernon and Steve Charles of Washington; one brother, Doug Charles; mother-in-law Mary Anita Cornelius of Washington; sisters-in-law, Sheryl (Cornelius) and her husband Greg Hymer, and Laura J. (Cornelius) Smith; brothers-in-law, Tim Cornelius and his wife Gail, Tom Cornelius and his wife Joan, and Donald Cornelius; a special aunt, Judy Roseman of Vincennes; and several nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her father-in-law, Wayne “Red” Cornelius.
There will be no service at this time.
Condolences may be made to Ed Lee Mortuary, which is handling the arrangements.
- David Bean David Ira Mitchell Bean went to be with his Lord Monday due to a tragic accident. He was born Jan. 25, 1954, to the late Ben and Eva Bean in Sturgis, Kentucky. He was a 1972 graduate of Barr-Reeve High School and a 1976 graduate of St. Louis Christi
- Anita 'Jody' Hawkins SHOALS — Anita J. "Jody" Hawkins, 73, passed away at 12:03 a.m. Tuesday at Westview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Bedford. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
- Ralph Goodpaster BURNS CITY — Ralph Edward Goodpaster, 72, died Saturday at his home. Born May 3, 1942, in Rushville, he was the son of Russell and Maybelle (Hankins) Goodpaster. A 1959 graduate of Loogootee High School, he also graduated from Vennard Christian Colle
- Viola Cissell Viola M. Cissell, 64, of Washington, was called to heaven at 10:15 p.m. Friday with her family by her side at St. Charles Health Campus, Jasper. Viola was born Oct. 17, 1949, to Mary and Eugene Perrott in Vincennes and then moved to Washington. Viola
- Dessie Arnold WINSLOW — Dessie M. Arnold, 82, died at 5:42 a.m. Sunday at her residence. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Rev. Eddie Willis officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Visitation is from 4
- Patricia 'Criss' Elpers SHOALS — Patricia "Criss" (Durham) Elpers, 59, passed away Saturday at Memorial Hospital and Healthcare Center. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in Shoals. Visitation i
- William Hamm Jr. William J. Hamm Jr., 73, died Tuesday at Prairie Village. He was born Feb. 21, 1941, to William and Louise (Summers) Hamm.Preceding him in death are his parents and brothers Richard Hamm and Jack Hamm. Surviving William is one brother, Robert Hamm of
- Saturday's obituary notices CHESTER HARDING — The funeral for Chester Lee Harding was at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Rev. J. Kenneth Walker officiating. Burial was in Patoka Grove Church Williams Cemetery, with military graves
- Billy Small BICKNELL — Billy Lewis Small, 81, passed away Thursday at St. Mary’s Hospital in Evansville with is family at his bedside. He was born in Knox County on Oct. 22, 1932, the son of Lewis M. and Martha Jett Small. After graduation from high school, he e
- Donald Windes MT. CARMEL, Ill. — Donald L. Windes, 84, passed away Wednesday at Oakview Heights surrounded by his loving family.He was born Tuesday, Feb. 4, 1930, the son of Cleo A. and Lavolette O. (Ewin) Windes, in Wabash County, Illinois. Donald was a graduate
- More Obituaries Headlines