MT. VERNON, Wash. — Rhonda Renae Cornelius, 47, formerly of Washington, went to be with the Lord at 3 p.m. Sunday at her home with her family by her side.
Born July 7, 1965, in Washington, she was the daughter of Steve and Carol (Roseman) Charles. She graduated from Washington High School in 1983 and was a devoted wife and mother who enjoyed her family.
She is survived by her husband, David Joseph Cornelius, whom she married in June of 1985; two children, Jordyn Renae Cornelius and Dalin Joseph Cornelius; her parents, Carol Short of Mt. Vernon and Steve Charles of Washington; one brother, Doug Charles; mother-in-law Mary Anita Cornelius of Washington; sisters-in-law, Sheryl (Cornelius) and her husband Greg Hymer, and Laura J. (Cornelius) Smith; brothers-in-law, Tim Cornelius and his wife Gail, Tom Cornelius and his wife Joan, and Donald Cornelius; a special aunt, Judy Roseman of Vincennes; and several nieces and nephews.
She is preceded in death by her father-in-law, Wayne “Red” Cornelius.
There will be no service at this time.
Condolences may be made to Ed Lee Mortuary, which is handling the arrangements.
- Marjorie A. Fleetwood MARION, Ill. -- Marjorie A. Fleetwood, 80, of Marion, passed away at 11:18 a.m. Friday in the Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion. She was born March 15, 1933, in Vincennes, to William and Mae Herschelman. She married Donald Lee Fleetwood and
- Ruth Johnson GREENWOOD -- Ruth S. Johnson, 99, passed away on Dec.7. She was born on July 4, 1914, in Washington, a daughter of Aden and Nellie Singleton. She was married to Bert Johnson. He preceded her in death. She is also preceded in death by one sister and o
- William Pattison JASPER -- William E. Pattison, 91, formerly of Carmel, died Tuesday at the Timbers of Jasper Nursing Center. Born Sept. 12, 1922, in Indianapolis, he was the son of Howard and Elsie (Evans) Pattison. He was a 1939 graduate of Arsenal Technical High
- Douglas 'Scott' Souerdike PAOLI -- Douglas "Scott" Souerdike, 50, formerly of Loogootee, died Saturday at his home. The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee. Visitation is after 3 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Online condolence
- Carolyn Owen PETERSBURG -- Carolyn S. Owen, 70, died Monday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg. Carolyn Owen
- Funeral JACOB GROVE -- The funeral for Jacob Nathan Grove was at 2 p.m. Friday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, Odon Chapel, with Bro. Richard Smith officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Larry Woodruff, Kelly Woodruff, Mike Cor
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- More Obituaries Headlines