WASHINGTON — Terry Jay Sidebottom, 48, of Washington, died at 1:39 a.m. Sunday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Nov. 2, 1964, in Lawrenceville, Ill., he was the son of James W. and Norma L. (Smith) Sidebottom. A 1983 graduate of Washington High School, he served in the U.S. Army. He was a self-employed contractor. He was a member of the Eagles Lodge, enjoyed playing pool, working bingo and playing euchre. He was a big Indiana University and Colts fan, and he loved animals, especially his dog Pop Tart. He is survived by his wife, Shelly (Adamson) Sidebottom, whom he married July 13, 2012; daughters, Chelsea Sidebottom of Brazil, Ind., Brittney (Jason) Welch of Salt Lake City, Utah, Terra, Brandi and Dymon Sidebottom, all of Washington; stepchildren, Chase Masters of El Paso, Texas, Jarrit (fiancee Sierra) Masters and Alyssa Masters, all of Washington; five grandchildren, Tori Sidebottom, Dylan Welch, Kierra Welch, Ashlynn Forbey and Kendra Welch; two stepgrandchildren, Sylas Templeton and Dexter Masters; brothers and sisters, Dennis (Debbie) Sidebottom of Washington, James (Lani) Sidebottom of Washington, Candice (Barry) Parker, twin brother Jerry (Vivian) Sidebottom of Washington and Tina (Kip) Kelley. He is preceded in death by his parents; grandparents, Smith and Lela Sidebottom and Ralph and Treva Smith; and a stepson, Lynnden Masters. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Gill Chapel, with Pastor Pete Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Plainville Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday, with an Eagles Lodge service at 6 p.m., at the funeral home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.com.
Nov. 2, 1964 - Nov. 4, 2012
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- More Obituaries Headlines