SAFETY HARBOR, Fla. — Kathyrn “Katie” DePierre, 91, passed away following a brief illness on May 31 in Safety Harbor. She was the beloved wife of Fred DePierre for more than 70 years. Katie was born in Montgomery on Nov. 22, 1921, the daughter of Jonas and Rose Graber. She was a graduate of Montgomery High School. She married her husband Fred on Dec. 2, 1942, and almost immediately the young couple was separated by Fred’s deployment into World War II. Upon Freddie’s return from the war in 1945, they made their happy home in Bedford. For more than 20 years Katie was the office manager of the Reuter Insurance Agency in Bedford. Upon Fred’s retirement in 1973, the young and active couple set off for new adventures in sunny Florida, eventually settling in Safety Harbor. Katie enjoyed golfing and bowling, and was an active member in her sorority. She and her husband were faithful and dedicated, founding members of the North Bay Community Church in Safety Harbor. Katie was devoted to her family, a loving wife, daughter, sister and aunt. Her loyalty and support knew no bounds, if you needed her she was there. She was generous, kind and sweet, with a smile that made you feel loved and safe always. She had a keen intelligence. For those of us who shared her renowned custard pie, it was as much a testament to her love for us, which was abounding, as to her skill and talent in the kitchen. She is irreplaceable. She is survived by her husband Fred and her much loved sister and brother Patty Spera (Dominic) and Paul Graber (Jeannie), and many nieces and nephews who adored her. She is preceded in death by her parents, her brother Ezra Graber (Wilma), and her sisters Mary Blackwell Millican (Robert), and Naomi Wimmenauer (Robert). The viewing will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at the Cresthaven Funeral Home, 3522 Dixie Hwy., Bedford, with funeral to immediately follow. Burial will be in the Memory Gardens Cemetery. For directions, call 275-6886.
Nov. 22, 1921 - May 31, 2013
- Dorothy Burkhart Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Lisa Phillips-Baker VINCENNES — Lisa L. Phillips-Baker, 53, died Monday in Vincennes. Graveside services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Friday at Walnut Hills Cemetery. Arrangements are being made through Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg.
Dorothy Jean Burkhart, 88, of Washington, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Tuesday at Emerald Place. Born Oct. 1, 1925, in Plainville, she was the daughter of Claude and Violet (Garner) Killion. A 1944 graduate of Plainville High School, she was a homemaker
- Paul Henderson ODON — Paul W. Henderson, 81, died at 4:10 p.m. Sunday at Good Samaritan Home in Evansville. He was born June 24, 1933, in Evansville, the son of Herb and Mary (Hedges) Henderson. He served in the U.S. Army and was a member of the American Legion. He
- Rhett Schwandner Rhett Jarard Schwandner, 66, of Washington, peacefully passed away in his sleep Saturday in the Evansville home of his daughter and close friend, Cassie and Denise Schwandner. Rhett was born Dec. 5, 1947, in Washington, to Robert Joseph and Rita (McG
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- More Obituaries Headlines