SAFETY HARBOR, Fla. — Kathyrn “Katie” DePierre, 91, passed away following a brief illness on May 31 in Safety Harbor. She was the beloved wife of Fred DePierre for more than 70 years. Katie was born in Montgomery on Nov. 22, 1921, the daughter of Jonas and Rose Graber. She was a graduate of Montgomery High School. She married her husband Fred on Dec. 2, 1942, and almost immediately the young couple was separated by Fred’s deployment into World War II. Upon Freddie’s return from the war in 1945, they made their happy home in Bedford. For more than 20 years Katie was the office manager of the Reuter Insurance Agency in Bedford. Upon Fred’s retirement in 1973, the young and active couple set off for new adventures in sunny Florida, eventually settling in Safety Harbor. Katie enjoyed golfing and bowling, and was an active member in her sorority. She and her husband were faithful and dedicated, founding members of the North Bay Community Church in Safety Harbor. Katie was devoted to her family, a loving wife, daughter, sister and aunt. Her loyalty and support knew no bounds, if you needed her she was there. She was generous, kind and sweet, with a smile that made you feel loved and safe always. She had a keen intelligence. For those of us who shared her renowned custard pie, it was as much a testament to her love for us, which was abounding, as to her skill and talent in the kitchen. She is irreplaceable. She is survived by her husband Fred and her much loved sister and brother Patty Spera (Dominic) and Paul Graber (Jeannie), and many nieces and nephews who adored her. She is preceded in death by her parents, her brother Ezra Graber (Wilma), and her sisters Mary Blackwell Millican (Robert), and Naomi Wimmenauer (Robert). The viewing will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at the Cresthaven Funeral Home, 3522 Dixie Hwy., Bedford, with funeral to immediately follow. Burial will be in the Memory Gardens Cemetery. For directions, call 275-6886.
Nov. 22, 1921 - May 31, 2013
- Saturday's Funeral Notices JAMES CHOATE - The funeral for for James E. Choate were held at 11 a.m. Friday at Ed Lee Mortuary with Pastors Vicki Murello and Tom Watson officiating. Burial followed in Sugarland Memory Gardens with military graveside rites by the Washington Amer
- Ora Taylor LOOGOOTEE -- Ora (Hembree) Taylor, 88, died at 1:05 a.m. Friday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. Born Sept. 15, 1925, in Martin County, she was the daughter of Orian and Ora (Parsons) Hembree. A retiree from RCA, she attended the Revival Center Church
- Toni Hollander MONTGOMERY -- Toni Kaye Hollander, 45, passed away peacefully at 9:56 p.m. Wednesday at Saint Mary's Medical Center in Evansville. Born Oct. 8, 1968, in Washington, she was the daughter of Anthony and Billie Jo (Thompson) Hollander. She was a graduat
- Marcella Russell SHOALS -- Marcella S. Russell, 74, passed away at 5:55 a.m. Thursday at the Indiana University Health Hospice House in Bloomington. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery in
- Friday's Funeral Notices DAVID DAVIDSON -- The funeral for David Robert Davidson was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Bramble, with Rev. Kenneth Walker officiating. Pallbearers were Scott Davidson, Doug Davidson, Tony Thian, John Davidson and Soham S
- Funeral REV. ROBERT GRANGER -- The funeral for Rev. Robert "Bob" Granger was at 1 p.m. Saturday at Wheatland Christian Church, with Rev. Joseph Owens officiating. Burial was in Wheatland Cemetery, with military graveside rites by the American Legion and VFW.
- Margie Scott WHEATLAND -- Margie Marie Scott, 83, passed away 6 a.m. Tuesday at her residence. She was born Nov. 2, 1930, in Olney, Ill., to Bryan C. and Eva (Bullard) Hill A member of the Wheatland Christian Church, Margie had worked at Gimbel Bond and Dejongs a
- Janice Snyder-Root BLOOMINGTON -- Janice Kathleen "Kathy" Snyder-Root, 67, died peacefully Sunday at 9:02 p.m. following a short illness at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Known as "Kathy" or "Kate" to her many friends and family, she was born to John K. and Stella Mae
- James Choate James E. Choate, 65, of Washington, passed away at 12:25 p.m. Monday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born March 29, 1949, in Hopkinsville, Ky., he was the son of Shirley and Flora (Flynn) Choate. He graduated from Hammond Tech High School in 1967. He
- Kenneth Hardy BICKNELL -- Kenneth Harold Hardy, 69, passed away at 6:20 a.m. Saturday at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Born May 21, 1944, in Washington, he was the son of Zoyed H. and Eleanor Louis (Bennett) Hardy. He graduated from Washington High School
- More Obituaries Headlines