SAFETY HARBOR, Fla. — Kathyrn “Katie” DePierre, 91, passed away following a brief illness on May 31 in Safety Harbor. She was the beloved wife of Fred DePierre for more than 70 years. Katie was born in Montgomery on Nov. 22, 1921, the daughter of Jonas and Rose Graber. She was a graduate of Montgomery High School. She married her husband Fred on Dec. 2, 1942, and almost immediately the young couple was separated by Fred’s deployment into World War II. Upon Freddie’s return from the war in 1945, they made their happy home in Bedford. For more than 20 years Katie was the office manager of the Reuter Insurance Agency in Bedford. Upon Fred’s retirement in 1973, the young and active couple set off for new adventures in sunny Florida, eventually settling in Safety Harbor. Katie enjoyed golfing and bowling, and was an active member in her sorority. She and her husband were faithful and dedicated, founding members of the North Bay Community Church in Safety Harbor. Katie was devoted to her family, a loving wife, daughter, sister and aunt. Her loyalty and support knew no bounds, if you needed her she was there. She was generous, kind and sweet, with a smile that made you feel loved and safe always. She had a keen intelligence. For those of us who shared her renowned custard pie, it was as much a testament to her love for us, which was abounding, as to her skill and talent in the kitchen. She is irreplaceable. She is survived by her husband Fred and her much loved sister and brother Patty Spera (Dominic) and Paul Graber (Jeannie), and many nieces and nephews who adored her. She is preceded in death by her parents, her brother Ezra Graber (Wilma), and her sisters Mary Blackwell Millican (Robert), and Naomi Wimmenauer (Robert). The viewing will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday at the Cresthaven Funeral Home, 3522 Dixie Hwy., Bedford, with funeral to immediately follow. Burial will be in the Memory Gardens Cemetery. For directions, call 275-6886.
Nov. 22, 1921 - May 31, 2013
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines