WASHINGTON — John Richard Clark, 81, of Washington, passed away Tuesday at The Waters of Scottsburg in Scottsburg, Ind. Born Nov. 15, 1930, in Washington, he was the son of John V. and Mayfair (Prather) Clark. He graduated from Washington High School in 1948 and from Vincennes University in 1950. He worked for Peoples Bank in Washington until moving to Phoeniz, Ariz., in 1955. For the past several years he has split his time between Phoenix and Washington. He is survived by a brother, Carl Clark of Mooresville; nephews, Ervin Clark of Chico, Calif., and William Clark of Franklin; a niece, Nancy (Clark) Burnette of Greencastle; and several great-nieces and great-nephews. His wife, Nancy (Weaver) Clark, whom he married Aug. 9, 1953, died Dec. 21, 2008. A memorial celebration of his life will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Ed Lee Mortuary, with Rev. Ken Wells officiating. He will be returned to Phoenix to rest beside his loving wife. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Christ United Methodist Church, 104 N. Meridian St., Washington, IN 47501.
Nov. 15, 1930 - Oct. 23, 2012
- Funerals LOIS DYER -- The funeral for Lois P. Dyer was at 11 a.m. Monday at Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home, with Bro. Matt Huffman officiating. Burial was in New Veale Creek Cemetery. Pallbearers were Frank Smith, Nathan Smith, Brock Smith, Todd Smith, Colto
- Ira Evans Ira Evans, 57, of Washington, died at 9:14 p.m. Wednesday at Daviess Community Hospital. Funeral services will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Poindexter-McClure Funeral Home. Ira Evans
- Devan Burris Devan K. Burris, 17, of Washington, passed away at 2:32 a.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born Oct. 15, 1996, in Vincennes, he was the son of Tammy (Canary) Burris and Kevin Lawyer. He had attended Washington High School and loved video game
- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger LOOGOOTEE -- Mariann (Wuensch) Wininger, 79, died at 12:41 a.m. Sunday at her home. She was born to John and Jessie (Barry) Bindner in Indianapolis on Sept. 28, 1934, the youngest of nine children. Her father, John, passed away when Mariann was 4 yea
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, went to be with her Lord at 5 p.m. Thursday at Select Care Hospital in Evansville after a long and courageous battle with cancer. Born June 9, 1939, in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Jacob Frederic an
Ruth L. Grannan, 86, of Washington, died Saturday at her residence. Born in Champaign, Ill., she was the daughter of Roy and Pearl (Hinkle) Rosenberry. She attended Washington schools. She first worked at U.S. Rubber and Uniroyal, where she retired.
- Linda Dorsey PETERSBURG — Linda D. Dorsey, 68, died at 5:55 p.m. Friday at her residence. Graveside services will be held at Williams Cemetery in Bowman at a later date. No visitation is scheduled.
- Donald Shake LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Donald R. Shake, 86, formerly of Washington, died at 11:55 a.m. Friday in Louisville. Born Feb. 24, 1927, in Daviess County, he was the son of James M. and Ozie (Fair) Shake. He was a World War II veteran of the U.S. Air Force and w
- Saturday's Funeral Notices FOSTER CHRISTENBERRY -- The funeral for Foster S. Christenberry was at 11 a.m. Thursday at First Christian Church, Odon, with Bro. Arlin Pope officiating. Burial was in Walnut Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Terry Christenberry, Josh Christenberry, J
- Dorothy Goodrid Dorothy Ann Goodrid, 89, Washington, passed away Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. at her home surrounded by her family. Dorothy was born to the late Gene and Una (Taylor) Witherspoon in Chicago on May 22, 1924. Her family lived in Chicago for the first few years
- More Obituaries Headlines