SHOALS — Martha Tuttle, 78, passed away at 10:40 a.m. Friday at Loogootee Nursing Center. She was born in Shoals on Nov. 7, 1934, to Emanuel and Elva (Townsend) Tuttle. She was a graduate of Shoals High School and very active in the Martin County 4-H, Rainbow Girls and Order of the Eastern Star, and active in the Indiana Rural Youth. Martha was a very pleasant lady who always found the positive in every life event and each person. She was an avid NASCAR fan. She enjoyed working and retired recently after 19 years from Kmart in Bedford. Martha began her work career in Indianapolis for the Indiana State Department of Health and continued with the branch in Washington until her retirement in 1972. She was also employed by JayC Foods, mainly at the Washington store, but she filled in as cashier at various store locations. She also did bookkeeping for Albright’s Chevyland in Loogootee for five years. She is dearly loved and missed by her only son, Isaac Rene Tuttle of Shoals; one brother, Emanuel Tuttle Jr. of Roseville, Calif. Also surviving are several nieces, nephews and cousins. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home in Shoals. Burial will be in Hindostan Cemetery. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, with an Order of Eastern Star memorial service. Preferred memorials are to the Indiana University Simon Cancer Center or the Wounded Warrior Program. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home. Condolences may be made to the family at www.queenlee.com
Nov. 7, 1934 - March 8, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines