JASPER — Emil H. Fuhrman, 79, died at 4:14 a.m. Tuesday at The Timbers of Jasper. Born Sept. 5, 1933, in Jasper, he was the son of Elmer P. and Margaret (Braun) Fuhrman. He married Ellen Frady March 7, 1965, in Frady United Methodist Church in Raglesville. He was a retired mail carrier for the U.S. Postal Service and a retired farmer. He was a member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Haysville. He is survived by his wife, Ellen Fuhrman; two daughters, Marcia Hopf and her husband Gary of Bloomington, Ill., and Karen Lovell and her husband Steve of Oswego, Ill.; two sons, Stan Fuhrman of Jasper, Kevin Fuhrman and his wife Susan of Bloomington, Ill.; six grandchildren; three sisters, Lovella Singer and her husband Paul of Jasper, Luetta Mercier and her husband George of Bloomington, Ind., and Ruth Elkins of Anderson; one brother, Luther Fuhrman of Shoals; and several nieces and nephews. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Haysville, with Pastor Charla Grieves officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Visitation is from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday at Becher-Kluesner North Chapel in Jasper and one hour before services Friday at the church. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church or to a favorite charity. Online condolences may be made at www.becherkluesner.com
Sept. 5, 1933 - May 7, 2013
- Ronald Powell Ronald R. Powell, 54, of Washington, died at 5 p.m. Friday at Daviess Community Hospital. Services will be held at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Gill Funeral Home. Condolences may be made to the family online at www.gillsince1872.
- Johnnie Duzan LAUREL HILL, N.C. -- Johnnie Wayne Duzan was born in Washington Nov. 19, 1946, son of the late John Andrew Duzan and the late Margie (Dyer) Duzan Garner. John resided in Bradenton, Fla., for many years where he served as a sheriff's deputy for the na
- Funerals AGNES ARVIN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Agnes "Aggie" McKinney Arvin was celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Peter Catholic Church, with Rev. James Koressel officiating. Burial was in St. Peter Cemetery. Pallbearers were Aaron Pentzer, Clark
Rev. Paul Tarr
LOOGOOTEE — Rev. Paul F. Tarr, 79, died at 12:20 a.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. He was born on May 27, 1934, in West Baden, to Cohen and Bertha (Britton) Tarr. On March 12, 1955, he married Lois E. (Davis) Tarr and she survives. Rev. Tar
- Martha Steiner AVON -- Martha Marie Steiner, 65, passed away Thursday. Martha was born Jan. 21, 1949, in Montgomery, to the late Paul J. and Anna I. (Worland) Steiner. Martha was employed with IU Health as an administrative assistant. She was also a member of St. C
- funerals DARLENE BROWN -- A Mass of Christian Burial for Darlene Brown was celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church, with Rev. Gordon Mann as celebrant. Burial was in St. John Cemetery, with military rites by the American Legion and V.
- Vanessa Burton EVANSVILLE -- Vanessa Lynn Burton, 44, died of a sudden illness at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at Deaconess Gateway Hospital in Evansville. Born Dec. 13, 1969, in Washington, she was the daughter of James Keany Burton Sr., and Alice S. (Arnold) Burton Apple
- Funerals ROBERT TOLBERT -- The funeral for Robert Tolbert was at 11 a.m. Thursday at Queen-Lee Funeral Home, with Bro. Matthew Sullivan and Rev. Jerry Sanders officiating. Burial was in Pleasant Valley Cemetery. Pallbearers were Vic Murray, Michael McBride, L
- Donnita McAtee Donnita J. McAtee, 52, of Washington, died at 2 a.m. Feb. 26 at her residence. Born Nov. 14, 1961, in Princeton, she was the daughter of Thomas McAtee and Patsy (Jackson) Garner. She attended Vincennes University, studying food service management. Sh
- Abraham Wagler MONTGOMERY -- Abraham Wagler, 96, died at 5:50 p.m. Sunday at his residence. He was born Sept. 23, 1917, in Daviess County, the son of Victor and Anna (Kemp) Wagler He was a member of the Old Order Amish Church. He married Elizabeth (Wagler) Wagler O
- More Obituaries Headlines