PETERSBURG — Michael J. Greene, 56, formerly of Loogootee, died Wednesday at his home. Born Nov. 1, 1955, in Mount Clemens, Mich., he was the son of Robert and Martha (Westenbarger) Greene. A 1974 graduate of Loogootee High School, he attended Evansville Latin School for three years. He retired from the U.S. Air Force and later retired from Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane. While in the military, Mike was a member of the Funeral Honor Guard, serving over 300 hours from 1978 to 1981. In 1979 he received the Honor Guard of the Year award. He was a member of Loogootee United Methodist Church, American Legion and V.F.W. He was past commander of the Petersburg American Legion and served on the funeral detail for the communities of Oakland City, Petersburg, Shoals, Winslow, Washington and Loogootee. He participated in the “20A” Walk to Emmaus and loved animals and his military career and patriotism to his country. He is survived by his mother, Martha Green of Loogootee; four sons, Dustin and wife Sarah Greene, Josh and wife Lisa Greene, Adam Greene and Zak Greene, all of Loogootee; one stepson, Ethan and wife Susan Blaasch of Newburg; one daughter, Deanna and husband David Wilson of Winslow; one sister, Mary Ann and husband Jim Lansford of Jasper; three brothers, Bill and wife Donna Greene, Don and wife Donna Greene, all of Loogootee, and Tim and wife Analiese Greene of Jamestown, N.C.; his former wife, Sylvia (Mallett) Greene of Loogootee; six grandchildren; and two stepgrandchildren. He is preceded in death by his father, Robert Greene in 2009, and his first wife, Terri (Fields) Greene in 1993. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Loogootee United Methodist Church. Burial will be in Sugarland Memory Gardens. There will be graveside military rites conducted by the American Legion, V.F.W. and Scott Air Force Base Honor Guard. Visitation is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee and after 10 a.m. Thursday at the church. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the Martin County Humane Society or the Martin County Community Foundation. Online condolences may be made at www.brocksmithblakefuneralhomes.com.
Nov. 1, 1955 - May 23, 2012
- Funerals RAYMOND BLAKE — The funeral for Raymond J. Blake was at 10 a.m. Monday at Brocksmith-Blake Funeral Home in Loogootee, with Revs. Leonard Sankey, David Crosley and J. Stevan Manley officiating. Burial was in Goodwill Cemetery in Loogootee.Pallbearers
- Douglas Craig PETERSBURG — Douglas W. Craig, 59, died at 6:09 p.m. Sunday at Memorial Hospital, Jasper. The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Harris Funeral Home, Petersburg, with Donald Priest and Dr. Charles Baxter officiating. Burial will be in McClure Ceme
- Philip May Philip L. May, 82, of Washington, passed away at 9:37 p.m. Friday at Washington Nursing Center. Born Sept. 20, 1921, in Washington, he was the son of Roy and Mabel (McCrary) May. Philip entered the U.S. Navy on Nov. 4, 1940 and served his country in
- Lisa Mason GOSPORT — Lisa A. Mason, 55, formerly of Washington, passed away at 1:20 p.m. Saturday at Indiana University Health, Bloomington. Born Nov. 22, 1958, in Washington, she was the daughter of Wilbur H. and Lucy (Radcliffe) Wise. A 1976 graduate of Washi
- Dixie Bland ODON — Dixie R. Bland, 79, died at 5:53 p.m. Saturday at Daviess Community Hospital. Born April 7, 1935, in Daviess County, she was the daughter of Walter and Maudie (Swayzee) Long. She was a housewife. She is survived by a son, Danny Bland of Odon;
- David Smith LOOGOOTEE — David James Smith, 72, died at 10:40 p.m. Thursday at his home. Born July 10, 1942, in Warsaw, Indiana, he was the son of William Ross and Gertrude Marie (Armentrout) Smith. He was a 1962 graduate of Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Indi
- Funeral ANITA HAWKINS — The funeral for Anita Hawkins was at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Mary of The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, with Revs. J. Kenneth Walker and Leo Kiesel officiating. Burial was in Spring Hill Cemetery. Pallbearers were Monty Holt, Br
- Edna Theroff MESA, Wash. — Edna (Edwards) Theroff, 96, formerly of Washington, passed away Thursday in Mesa, Washington. Funeral services are pending in Washington state.
- Clifford Doyle TEMPLE, Ga. — Clifford B. Doyle, 73, passed away peacefully on Friday morning at the home of his daughter Shelley Byrd in Temple, Georgia. Clifford was born Sept. 21, 1940, in Montgomery, to Cletus J. and Mary Louise (Squire) Doyle. He married Mary
- Terrance Harner Terrance E. Harner, 53, of Washington, died at 3:19 a.m. Wednesday at University Hospital, Indianapolis. He was born Aug. 26, 1960, in Washington, the son of Darrell Harner and Judy (Gray) Harner Gaston. A graduate of Washington High School, he earne
- More Obituaries Headlines